Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jessica
Frequent user July 2018 Nova Scotia

Peeing?

Jessica, on May 26, 2017 at 08:31 Posted in Before the wedding 0 14

So... awkward but I've been thinking about this recently, I've seen all the tricks of how to pee in a massiv ballgown... however... what about a corset, lace up, boned, extremely tight mermaid dress! How will I pee! Pic for reference

my dressmy dress

back of dress back of dress

14 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on July 28, 2017 at 12:17
  • Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

But I might introduce you to a little product called Bridal Buddy

... Its a little slip like thing that can bag your dress and makes bathroom time a breeze for brides!! Smiley smile I purchased one and its the best decision ive made.
  • Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What a stunning dress!!! you look amazing!!!

• Laura
    Frequent user October 2017 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The post title is probably the best I've seen! Good luck to all!

• Shannon
    Devoted June 2020 British Columbia
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've peed in one of those by wiggling the dress as far up my hips as possible. Then straddle the toilet, facing the back and squat down, it's awkward but you shouldn't have to worry about hitting your dress
  • Erin
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My dress is a dropped waist ball gown so I may have an easier time but I think as long as you have the help of your bridesmaids/maid of honour/mom/close friends, we should be ok! also, it will probably be a laugh in the moment and a funny story to tell!

• Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh, not drinking a lot that night is so not an option hahaha I plan on partying it up haha I may have to get a funnel hahahaha

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Men have it so easy for sure!
    I also laugh out loud at the post title. Especially as it is a question.
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When I went in for my first fitting my consultant actually suggested just taking off my dress to use the washroom as it might be easier and the corset backs are apparently quite easy to tighten back up again. My dress is just a dropped waist and not a mermaid so I am still hopefully that I won't need to get naked to pee, but if I do then that is what I am going to do, the other thing you might want to do is just loosen it enough to shimmy it up and then tighten it down again. Good Luck to all of us! Smiley heart Smiley smile

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your dress is beautiful... This was a major consideration when I was dress shopping... Don't drink alot and pee before you get in it. ☺
  • Loni
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Loni ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Eek - I really feel like there's no way around literally taking your dress off to pee haha. Or find a way to pee standing up? Maybe check out Erin's suggestion. Damn men have it so easy!

P.S. I giggled out loud at work when I read this post name haha.

• L
    Devoted September 2017 Saskatchewan
    Lyz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm kind of having a similar problem. I think unfortunately what I might have to do, is literally undo my dress enough for me to sit down ,or take it right off to pee, and then have my MOH be there to do me back up. So, a bathroom break might turn into a bit of an adventure. My Dress is also a corset back mermaid style but my poofs start up a tad bit higher. good luck!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is a good question lol. My dress is fitted but not that tight so I am hoping to not have this problem. You could try the GoGirl, it is a cone that allows women to pee standing up like a man. I think you might still need someone to hold up the bottom of your dress though.

• Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Unfortunately the bridal buddy isn't much help as I'm not sure how I will manage to even shimmy the tight section of my dress up over my hips as it's so tight and structured

• Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Jessica, Your dress is so amazing! I love it! You look great! Take a look at this discussion I just made Wedding dress issues. Do you already have your wedding shoes? Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics