Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mélissa
Newbie September 2020 Quebec

Party favours !

Mélissa, on August 20, 2019 at 12:06 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 34
Hi ! Needing some unique ideas for party favours something that won’t cost us a fourtune ! Thanks in adavance !

34 Comments

Latest activity by Katrin, on August 29, 2019 at 16:06
  • Katrin
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Katrin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sorry for the late response! I'm not on here often.

Now I am looking and the person may have changed the price, but check out this item + seller.

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/623313722/36-pack-175-mini-assorted-succulents?ref=shop_home_active_1&bes=1

• Allyson
    Newbie June 2019 Manitoba
    Allyson ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Do you have someone in the family who makes anything? My mother in law makes Jams and salsa..We used her jams for our favours and people loved them (in the small canning jars)

Also, a gf of mine went with a packet of this amazing seasoning mix her husband uses for cooking...he actually used it on their first home cooked supper date.

I've also seen people do packets of seeds which is pretty inexpensive but a cute idea...also, sugar cookies at each place setting was a hit at another wedding!
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I found custom sunglasses online they are .80 cents each and they can add your names and wedding date in any color!! we may do that.

• Melanie
    Curious August 2019 Alberta
    Melanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly going without is a good idea, if it’s something you are comfortable with. I have attended many weddings this season and most of the brides said that most of their favours were left behind. She found them in the garbage, and most weren’t even taken. Might as well save money and put it towards something mister useful.
  • S
    Newbie August 2019 British Columbia
    Sheri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We made, solid perfumes, spice blends packages - like blackened seasoning, instant garlic bread with yeast flakes, spicy hot chocolate blend and a few tea blends, I made a few bath bombs, and then some dried flowers in resin that were fridge magnets, and the guys got a scratch and win ticket, as I skipped them with the bath bombs, it was which was pretty cost effective. We printed off cute labels for all the items.

• Eden
    Frequent user August 2021 British Columbia
    Eden ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was going to do little honey jars! I found a few places that do it and you can create a custom label too. Super cute and worked out to be $2/person I believe. We're eloping now so no need for favors but that's what I would have gone with if we stuck with the traditional wedding!

• Stephanie
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am so glad you asked this as I am looking for ideas too.
    We already chose the edibles idea, now to just narrow it down.
  • Tasha
    Newbie August 2020 Ontario
    Tasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s super cute and super affordable
  • Ashley
    Newbie May 2022 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm thinking about having a popcorn bar, having popcorn people can snack on with different seasoning mixtures and than having takeaway gift bags with a note saying thanks for popping by! on so guests can pack their own favour if they wish to take some home Smiley smile

• Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My mom used to make beeswax candles as a side business so we might do that. They're super easy and YouTube has some good tutorials if you want help. And I think you can add a fragrance like vanilla or something.

We also thought about making fudge, then we just have to pay for ingredients and the little boxes. Chop it into like 3 or 5 little pieces per box and it's super reasonable.
  • Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with the edibles. We bought various flavors of Lindor chocolates and the guests loved them! They raved about them, actually!!

• Alie
    Alie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Got these put together... Also got a tube of bubbles to go with it

Party favours ! 1
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had purchased Key shaped bottle openers on WISH that come with a label saying "Love is the Key to happiness" I bought 200 of them for under 0 dollars including shipping.

In addition to a key for each guest, I am having a sweets table so they can pack their own little baggy of candy before they go, which would be pretty cheap at Bulk Barn! Smiley smile

• T
    Newbie August 2020 Alberta
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I ended up picking up the IKEA blankets (mentioned below) for $2.49/per blanket. I bought one for each of my guests. I think it is a great deal for my indoor/outdoor wedding. I will also create really elegant handmade tags to go on each and tie them up with ribbon and a small dried lavender stick. I think it is a functional gift and it is pretty!!

• Sarah
    Newbie September 2019 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did wooden bookmarks engraved with a note to our guests! On Etsy it worked out to be just under $3.00 per person including shipping and taxes. Ours is actually the first one in the link below (you might have to sign in to see)
    https://www.etsy.com/transaction/1620083057?campaign_label=shipping_notification_boe_convourl_treatment&utm_source=transactional&utm_campaign=shipping_notification_boe_convourl_treatment_010170_433263510924_0_0&utm_medium=email&utm_content=&email_sent=1556912999&euid=M4s5hs1BW_71Eo9OrHLpIoBt4Svf&eaid=35870652775&x_eaid=ccd39b1d3a
  • Sabrina
    Beginner November 2021 Ontario
    Sabrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you’re going for useful I’ve seen mini water bottles with “in sickness and in health” tags on them that come with either Advil or vitamin B to help your guests the morning after your wedding!
  • Reba
    Newbie August 2019 Alberta
    Reba ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    G
    We got honey from a local farm and put it in nice jars and sealed them. People loves it.
  • Skylor
    Frequent user August 2020 Ontario
    Skylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Check wedding star! They have all kinds of awesome wedding favors. One thing I found really cool was that you can get stemless wine glasses that are personalized with your wedding date for about $1.99 CAD each.

I personally am giving our baby spruce trees as a wedding favors, they were $3.50 CAD each. We are giving one per family or couple Smiley smile
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What about mini candles or sunglasses with the bride and groom names? or water bottles. i like useful gifts instead of sweets!

• T
    Newbie August 2020 Alberta
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Katrin,

Can you send the link for these?

Thanks,

Tiffany

• Tracy
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are thinking of buying packages of seeds and putting labels on them "watch love grow" then your guests can plant the seeds. Easy to put in your pocket or purse also.

• Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ikea photo frames for photo booth photos to put in (assuming you are having a photo booth) Smiley laugh

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well they're still on sale if you are interested: Ikea Blankets $2.49/ea

• Alie
    Alie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got some party colored candies from the bulk barn. And these bags with silver boxes from dollarama.. Cute simple and cost effective... Also bulk barn has coupons online 😄

Party favours ! 2
  • Emily
    Expert September 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s smart!! I have an October wedding too and may need to think of doing this 🤔
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Every website I’ve seen said something edible or useful so you’re not wasting your money when people, inevitably, throw it out in future years.

I think about it now, I have only kept 1 favour from all the weddings I’ve been to over the years!
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow! What a great idea. Real or faux?
  • Katrin
    Katrin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got cute little plants/succulents from Etsy for $70 for 100. It was a big hit. Smiley smile

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had custom cork coasters made with our wedding logo. They were $1.60 a piece from a place called The Cork House in Oakville. I'm VERY happy with them. And most of my friends know me at The Coaster Queen, so they're literally perfect for us. I love something that's a practical keepsake.Party favours ! 3

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It really depends what your budget is and what a “fortune” is.
    Like Kelsie said, anything edible is always a good idea. My cousin did not sauce and honey in little jars, and my FH and brother used the hot sauce with the food. So they were gone before we left the wedding.
    We are doing his and hers chocolates (M&Ms and Lindor chocolates) I waited until the Lindors went on sale, and my uncle got the M&Ms for us over the river for a good deal!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As a guest, I prefer edibles. I don't need more stuff to clutter up my place. My cousins did alcohol bottles for everyone (granted, not everyone drinks alcohol but the Polish do!).

My other cousin did these fantastic gummies from Sugarfina. My FH literally ate them at the table.

As a bride, I also wanted to do edibles, however, my FH is old school and doesn't like the idea of edibles (despite eating those gummies without any problem lol!!) so I'm just as stuck as you.

My FSIL did cutting boards which were $7/person with packaging.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say that the blanket is a nice idea since you have thought about keeping them warm and they can use at home itself. The thought of giving edibles is enough to let your guests enjoy them and make it easy if they decide to leave it. Its budget friendly and along with the blanket, it seems enough to do.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics