Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Darren
Frequent user May 2021 Ontario

Partial Planning & Day of Co-ordination

Darren, on September 15, 2019 at 17:51 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10
I wanted to get some feedback from other member about your experiences with hiring a wedding planner or even the day. My partner & I have kinda become Wedding Wire Junkies and done quite a bit of the heavy lifting ourselves. We know that closer to our wedding that things will get hectic especially with having to deal with work, family a& friends flying into the city but we don't want to hire someone who is going to take over and not carry out our vision because this day is very important to us.

10 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on September 18, 2019 at 16:48
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would suggest just hiring the day of coordinator then. that way if vendors are going to be late or they cant find the place or they lost something the DOC can take care of it instead of you. things always seem to happen no matter how much you plan!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with what you said about taking over by the DOC. Family is the best way to get the help needed knowing they are there for assistance. The added cost isn't worth to put into for the service of what we can handle.

Being a groomzilla is okay if you need someone to make sure its done and the attention. Even though your not going to end up being one.

• Darren
    Darren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks alot. I also fear someone canceling on us & me turning into Groomzilla.
  • Stephanie
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have hired a day of coordinator for our wedding.
    We don't want to worry about little details and we want friends and family to enjoy the day and not be running around helping with the little things, like lighting candles and such.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We're in the same boat as Casey. Some venues will have an in-house coordinator that will help things run smoothly. If we didn't have our event coordinator, I'd definitely get a day-of just to ease my stress that day!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had originally hired a Month of/ Day of coordinator but she ended up cancelling. To be honest looking back at it I'm glad we won't have to shell out $1,000 as we do have a larger wedding party of 5 on his side and another 5 on mine that can help us out. As well, we have our venue for the weekend of Friday evening till Sunday morning so that should be enough time to set things up ourselves.

I would say they are helpful, but if you are having a small wedding or something then I wouldn't pay the extra expense.

• Darren
    Darren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank You Casey for your insight. We are definitely very organized and with demanding jobs I can only imagine the impending stress that awaits us. So far we've been doing really god at keeping everything on track. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and all the best to you and your FH.

• Darren
    Darren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank You for the input.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn’t do a day of coordinator or wedding planner. Our venue has a coordinator and it’s basically a one stop shop. So I only had to find a photographer, dj , florist and officiant. Most of the vendors I picked have done a wedding at my venue so they know the ins and outs.
    For us that wasn’t in our budget. It does get a little busy at the end (we are less than 3 weeks away), but I’m the type of person that would rather organize everything myself than rely on someone else and worry about bugging them, even though that is their job lol.
    My biggest piece of advice, organize everything, have check lists, have a master calendar for pay dates and you should be ok!
  • Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think there are a lot of brides and grooms on here that have had day of and month of coordinators that have helped to organize things, and taken the stress levels down while still keeping the vision they had. We had a planner (we were two provinces away) and she was really great about keeping our vision. She was able to work closely with vendors she had relationships with and ensure everything we were looking for happened.

I’d suggest meeting with a couple so that you can go over their roles and feel confident that you will still have the wedding of your dreams.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics