Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Samantha
Newbie October 2022 Ontario

Overwhelmed bride to be seeking help

Samantha, on December 8, 2018 at 13:05 Posted in Ontario 0 5
Hi everyone! I'm feeling very overwhelmed about planning.. we have a very tight budget of $7,000 for everything and it's proving to be very very difficult, has anyone had luck in finding a place that does ceremony, recpetion with catering included for around $2,500? I feel like our budget won't get us anything we're hoping for. We want to have an outdoor ceremony and a dinner reception inside with dancing.. as we add up all the costs for vendors we're interested in we're way over budget and it's getting to the point where we don't even want to continue planning because we know we can't afford anything. Any suggestions on how to make our wedding day our dream without going into massive debt to have it?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Maggie, on January 8, 2019 at 13:43
  • M
    Newbie November 2019 Ontario
    Maggie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do a lunch wedding at a restaurant maybe ?

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Samantha, how is your planning progressing, are you feeling less overwhelmed?

If you still would like some budgeting tips I'd check out 10 Ways to Avoid Going Over Budget on Your Wedding, How to Divvy Up Your Wedding Budget, and How to Create a Wedding Budget

• E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think $2500 is unrealistic for a venue and dinner unless you are going to have no more then 30 people attending.

If you have more peolle then that I would cut back on other areas so you can afford the reception. Keep a strict budget for your dress, maybe get a white bridesmade dress. Skip the extra decor like flowers. Rent your grooms tux. Don’t have a photographer or videographer. Consider renting speakers and using a playlist instead of a DJ. Don’t spend any money on transportation like a limo.

If you cut extra costs you could spend closer to $5,000 on your reception. You just need to decide what is a priority for you guys.
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I second this! Start with your guest list to see who you can eliminate. From there, prioritize your “must” haves to see where you’re able to cut costs. Perhaps the type of reception you intend to have needs to be revisited so that you can accommodate your numbers (if that’s where you’re putting most of your budget).
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Do you have any family with a large outdoor backyard you can decorate and do the ceremony there? Good way to save on costs and then just have to worry about reception! Also how many people are you considering? Unfortunately the best way to cut back on costs is to cut back on people.... some venues are $100+ per plate so cutting back even 10 people can save a THOUSAND dollars its nuts... also another option is to do a later ceremony and reception after just have appetizers? Also I hear brunch weddings can pull in at a lot less expensive too!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics