Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner August 2018 Alberta

Outdoor weddings - is a dancefloor critical?

Kayley, on September 20, 2017 at 01:31 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6
Those who have had, or are planning, outdoor weddings - I'm curious your thoughts on a formal dance floor vs just having a dedicated grassy area for dancing. I want to keep the dancefloor bumping!
Thoughts on pros and cons?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Samtam, on September 22, 2017 at 16:10
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would definitely get a dance floor. Even though your wedding is outdoors, you might still have some people wear heels and they will sink into the grass. Or if they take off their heels, they could get muddy depending on the weather/how much they water the grass. Also some people are allergic to grass so it could be uncomfortable for them. And I agree with Lesley about the bugs! Make sure it's a well lit area as well for when it gets dark!

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going with no dance floor... Grass all the way Smiley smile Ive been to one wedding like that before and just loved it!
  • K
    Beginner August 2018 Alberta
    Kayley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Great feedback, ladies. Thank you! I'm thinking we may build a small dancefloor instead of renting. They are so expensive!!

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would still go with a dancefloor...grass can be uneven and difficult to navigate depending on footwear and level of mobility.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it will depend a lot on the weather. If it has been particularly wet that year you don't want people dancing in a mud pit so having a dance floor on hand, or even just some plywood to lay down, might be a good idea.

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it depends on where you're getting married and when. If it's a backyard there might not be many women wearing heels. And bugs love the grass! Those would be my two big concerns.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics