Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emily
Newbie September 2021 Ontario

Outdoor Ceremony Locations Hamilton Area??

Emily, on July 19, 2020 at 17:15 Posted in Ontario 0 8
Hi everyone! My fiancé and I are pretty much throwing our own wedding but we are stuck on finding a location for an outdoor ceremony that can seat 200 guests. We already have a reception venue and we are hoping to continue the nautical/military or historical theme for the ceremony. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Emily, on July 20, 2020 at 15:30
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes I’ve been finding it very hard to find a venue that will accommodate 200. Thank you very much Smiley smile
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I can imagine the outdoor wedding is your dream area, just hard to find one. Golf courses or yacht clubs may be some options though your 200 may be limited to a smaller amount based on the hall size. I do hope you find something in your count.

• Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Royal Hamilton yacht club was one of the first venues we looked into and they do not host wedding ceremony separately anymore as it is now an add on to their wedding packages. I’ve also looked into RBG and unfortunately they do not accommodate 200 people. LaSalle park would be a good one to look into for sure! I’m currently trying to figure out if we can even manage a wedding with 150 guests instead of 200 because I would absolutely love a wedding at the Lakeview, Which is max 150.
  • Alana
    Frequent user July 2022 Ontario
    Alana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ahh ok and did you inquire with RHYC as well? I used to work there and they did host weddings and event separate from the convention centre. You could also try RBG or LaSalle park - doesn’t necessarily match the theme but near the water and not far from downtown!
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This was one of the first places we looked into and we found out that we can’t have just the ceremony as it is an add on to their wedding packages.
  • Alana
    Frequent user July 2022 Ontario
    Alana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The lawn at the Royal Hamilton Yacht Club? I’m fairly certain that you can book through RHYC itself or with the convention centre above it.
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh what a fantastic idea, I didn’t even think of those places. I will look into them! Thank you!
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Have you thought of Dundurn Castle’s grounds and garden or Battlefield? They are both pretty expansive outside, probably enough for 200. You’d have to contact the Conservation Authority to arrange something.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics