Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Devoted October 2019 Ontario

Out of province guest and questions

Amanda, on July 25, 2018 at 14:17 Posted in Ontario 0 4
We have about 1/3 to 1/2 our guests live on the east coast and we are having out wedding on the Sunday of a long weekend. My question is, when would be best to have a dinner rehearsal? Do you have to have a dinner rehearsal? My FH and I are up in the air when it comes to having the stag and doe, it's an extra cost we really can't afford so not sure if we should have one. We are not doing a bridal shower, I don't really like being center of attention.

4 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on July 26, 2018 at 23:50
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The stag/doe and bridal shower can passed on since. Rehearsal dinner doesn't have to happen if its not in your budget.

One thing my dad did for the two families and wedding party was a welcome dinner (most of my moms side came from the states). It was the one pre dinner before the wedding day followed by a campfire at the venue later in the night.
  • E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You don’t need to have a rehersal dinner. Basically a rehearsal dinner is just a dinner after the rehersal for the ceremony with usually your wedding party, immediate family and sometimes family from out of town invited. It can be as simple as a bbq or ordering pizza for everyone. But you do not need to have one at all.

We aren’t having one.
  • A
    Devoted October 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes we live together and it may be an idea... or at least hold a dinner or something at the inlaws as our place is too small
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do you and your FH live together? Would it be possible to do something at your home to welcome the OOT guests? I'm facing a similar dilemma since we also have a bunch of OOT guests.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics