Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Curious June 2018 British Columbia

Ordering dresses online???? your experience

Nadine, on September 14, 2017 at 20:07 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 8

Bridal Party Dresses

I'm trying to find a reliable online site I've seen many sites with great prices but I hear it's it and miss on the quality of the dress, someone recommended a seamstress to me, but even her cost would be starting at $350 and 3 of may ladies can't afford that. Trying to find something for them in the $150 range or less. As anyone one ordered from an online service with good quality dresses. I have a friend that had a bridal shop and she is against the idea of ordering online, but that's okay for her because she has a formal dress in my colour that she could wear, but the other 3 really can't afford a lot, and have 3 little girls to dress as well. I've heard of David's Bridal, but then you got to pay for the US Price Conversion. Any one ordered good dress online yet that your ladies like them, if so what site did you use.

I finally found my dress so have to order it within a couple weeks to get it in time for alterations 6-8 months estimated delivery time. Now that I know what my dress looks like we are not focusing on their dresses, I'm letting them pick the style that suits their shapes best but same colour or within same shades of the colour. Burgundy. They are all different sizes and heights so don't think the same dress will work for all of them. So they choose style I choose the colour.

Any site recommendations out there.

Thanks

8 Comments

Latest activity by Jes G., on December 9, 2017 at 07:13
  • Jes G.
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Jes G. ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My neighbour ordered her wedding dress online and she absolutely loved it. Mind you her wedding was very simple and the same thing with her dress- quite simple. She required no alterations because it was a one size fits all kind of dress. I think ordering a dress online is totally doable but you want to take into account the quality of the dress and the additional process that is involved to alter the dress to your liking.
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would agree with your friend 150%! If you know fabrics etc TRUST me you will tell the difference! Nothing wrong with having a lower budget but you don't have to order online as a last resort ! You just have to hunt a little harder. We do have David's Bridal Stores in Canada so that might help your issues with the exchange. There are also consignment stores like Second Dance in the Niagara area or bridal salons that sell off their samples at a low price. I get gowns for my FH work Christmas parties all the time from Salon sample sales. I've gotten dresses as low as $50 which is cheaper than online and way better quality. You can also check LE CHATEAU. They came out with a Bridal line this year. There are options but I would use online as a last resort.
  • Amyfanggg
    Frequent user April 2018 Ontario
    Amyfanggg ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just ordered from RenzRags at Etsy last weekend and I am so excited! Website said 6-8 weeks, man, I am impatient. Hope all goes well!
  • Shannon
    Beginner November 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I bought my MOH dress for a wedding from weddingtonway.com and although they are based in the US, I was able to find one on sale and with conversion is cost me less than $200. If you don't want to pay a ridiculous amount for shipping to Canada, I sent mine to a drop ship location right over the border.
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I also recommend Azazie! Great quality, tons of options, and inexpensive (for a bridesmaids dress Smiley tongue )!

• Amyfanggg
    Frequent user April 2018 Ontario
    Amyfanggg ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Check Etsy!
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Check out azazie.com. My friend ordered a dress from there and it's perfect. Very great prices and you can custom order in your size, skipping the need for a seamstress. They have a huge array of colours to choose from as well.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Highly recomend shopapricity! Have also had good experiences with davids bridal

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics