Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Michelle
Beginner September 2022 Ontario

Opportunity Bridal

Michelle, on December 5, 2019 at 10:57 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 5

Has anyone attended the Opportunity Bridal pop up shop? I am thinking about going to the one in Ajax on Saturday. Just wondering if anyone had a positive experience or how the selection of dresses was?

Any information would be great 😊

5 Comments

Latest activity by Cliodhna, on December 10, 2019 at 05:26
  • Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Michelle! Did you end up going to the pop-up shop on Saturday? How was it?

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went to a pop up shop in toronto it was nice!! dresses are cheaper there for sure!

• Erin
    Beginner February 2021 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Went to the pop up this past Sunday in Ottawa. Definitely recommend opting for the VIP ticket purchase if available. I did this, got in an hour before it opened to the public. Incredibly well organized. Very large selection of dresses in many sizes- as a regular size 16, it was nice to be able to try on dresses I could get into!

The selection of dresses in the larger sizes was pretty good I think....tried on 10 or so dresses? It may be the season/style, whatever but the one thing I was looking for but didn’t find was dresses with lace/long sleeves. That said, I found a beautiful dress that I am super happy with. Absolutely recommend checking it out!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had a similar experience to Amelia.

I went to one in London, ON with my mom and day but didn't get anything, but got an idea of what styles I liked, etc. It is a great way to get a cheaper dress, but you also buy as-is so any alterations/possible repairs that are needed are up to you.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went to one in Fredericton, NB in September with my mom.

It was quite well organized (by size with lots of room to get around) and we'll stocked. They have a few rules on their site like no makeup and only 4 dresses tried at a time (mom and I broke this rule as there wasn't a consultant to help us). I tried on about 20 dresses total and while I didn't buy anything I learned a lot about what shapes worked and didn't work.
    The cons: not a lot of knowledgeable staff. They had local people putting dresses back but they weren't wedding dress consultants. So they didn't know about cuts or fabrics etc. They advertised dresses from $199-999 and I didn't see anything under $799 with most being $999.
    I believe you can pay for an early admission and a guarantee of a fitting room. I think that would be worthwhile!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics