Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cassie
Frequent user September 2020 Ontario

Ontario’s Staged Opening and Torys Announcement

Cassie, on May 16, 2020 at 12:32 Posted in Ontario 0 13
Hello! I’m getting married September 6 in Mississauga with 170 people. Ontario is starting stage 1 next Tuesday May 19 and I’m super excited to start the reopening process. Tory also said no events over 250 until July 31. There’s so much hope for my wedding! How’s the other brides feeling? Remember: we’re all strong, no matter what we decided or will decide to do. ❤️

13 Comments

Latest activity by Beatriz, on May 25, 2020 at 11:47
  • Beatriz
    Beatriz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! hope the same for you too!

• Ashley-Ann
    Newbie October 2021 Ontario
    Ashley-Ann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes I totally agree I am still very excited to marry my fiancé just has sucked the fun out of planning a wedding for us! Hope all goes well for you and stay safe!
  • Beatriz
    Beatriz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I feel the same. Not excited at all.... I’m sorry you feel that way too! Don’t get me wrong I’m really looking forward to marry my fiancé but the wedding part has me feeling like if I get excited we will have to postpone again. Hope it happens for you in Sept 🤞🏻
  • Ashley-Ann
    Newbie October 2021 Ontario
    Ashley-Ann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding was supposed to be June 6, 2020. We have been planning for 2 years. Making the call to cancel was beyond devastating, we rebooked to September 11, 2020 which sadly I do not know if I am hopeful for. I’m not sure how other brides are feeling but I am no longer excited about my wedding, I literally lost all of my excitement the day we canceled the original date, it’s as if I can’t shake it. Also not sure if we should cancel September 11, we do not have anyone from out of country their all local but not sure if they will allow up to 200 guests.
  • Cassie
    Cassie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    People postpone for different reasons which I get but for me, it doesn’t make sense to right now. People aren’t going on planes to get to my wedding, everyone is local. Hopefully 170 will be allowed. I assume there will be some restrictions but as long as we can still dance and have everyone there, I’m happy! Same to you! 🤞🏻
  • J
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Aah your post made me so happy!! Sometimes I feel like I am the only one holding out hope for my October wedding to go through! I'm trying to stay positive, if we have to make some adjustments then we will, but I do NOT want to postpone... Crossing my fingers for you!! Smiley smile

• Savannah
    Frequent user April 2020 Ontario
    Savannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re hoping for the best! We were supposed to be next weekend and postponed til August, our wedding is on the smaller side but we still want the reassurance that things are ok to proceed. With the recent news we’ve heard lately we’re feeling positive!
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omg this is the exact reason I can’t just postpone already.Everything is all up in the air and I will be so angry if I change the date and find out my wedding would have been fine..I hope your new date is filled with even more happiness and love ❤️
  • Carling
    Frequent user November 2021 Ontario
    Carling ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am so happy to hear this!!
  • Haylee
    Frequent user July 2020 Ontario
    Haylee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm feeling great about how things are going. I'm a little nervous even still to send invitations to extended family. If we're stuck at 10 people for the whole summer, at least our parents can be with us... and my dad can still walk me down the aisle! I'm so relieved we're going ahead with our wedding date regardless of how we have to tweak things along the way. I have a feeling this virus won't just magically disappear and other potential shutdowns might affect even postponed wedding dates.

• Leigh-Anne
    Newbie August 2020 Ontario
    Leigh-Anne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I crossed my fingers as soon as I heard the news. I’m hoping that my fiancé and I can at least apply for our Marriage License by next month.
  • Beatriz
    Beatriz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are a little nervous. We postponed for November of this year but don’t believe it will happen.. I guess we don’t want to get our hopes up! But also secretly crossing all fingers and toes.
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We literally just made the decision to postpone. So I’ll be upset if life is back to normal by August lol but that is great for those who are sticking it through Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics