Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Newbie June 2022 Ontario

Online Save The Dates/invitations vs Mail out

Kendra, on June 24, 2019 at 12:52 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 14
I don't want to seem cheap if I do online save the dates and invites but I just feel like I could put this expense towards something else.. I personally keep invites/std cards but they just get stored away in a box somewhere....

14 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on July 3, 2019 at 03:14
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did email save the dates and invitations. It does seem a little less formal but it was so convenient for us and our rsvp. We could link our website to the invitation so it was so convenient.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I see your point and you're right about online invitations and Save the Date idea. They do get thrown out once the wedding is done. I have seen it done from my cousins too as to saving the cost in a whole lot.

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think online save the dates are fine and online RSVP's work for some guests too. I personally prefer a mail out invitation. I feel with a paper invitation, it goes on the fridge and it's a gentle reminder that they have an event coming up and must RSVP. It's possible that an online invite could get lost in spam folders, get forgotten about in the mass daily emails that people receive.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We did. We emailed them back with some wedding details that wasn't included in the invitation. For those that rsvp No, we only had a couple, we just replied telling them thanks and they will be missed
  • Kaite
    Curious August 2019 Ontario
    Kaite ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I did the same thing as you, mailed out and created a separate email just for RSVPs. Now I'm left wondering...should I be responding to all these emails!?
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Completely fine - I've gotten both the save the date and wedding invitation online and don't mind at all! I will say that the less tech savvy people as well as the older generation would probably prefer paper though. With that being said, you shouldn't have a problem with putting the RSVP set to call or email you their reply instead of them sending a card back to you!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you could absolutely do online save the dates. It's so common nowadays that I doubt people will think you're cheap. If anything, they'll think you're being environmentally-friendly!

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did mail out, because I'm the kind of person that will keep them. So it was fitting for us to mail them, but since I didn't want to waste too much paper we opted to do RSVP online. We also had a few older guests that definitely wouldn't have known what to do with online invites since they didn't even know how to send their RSVP email lol
    However another option is doing mail out for the older guests and online for the rest, we considered that but ended up just sticking with all mail out.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with Allison - I think online will work for the save the dates and maybe for the older or less tech savvy folks - you could mail them one.
  • Annalise
    Beginner September 2019 Alberta
    Annalise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did a drawing for our save the date and then we emailed the image of it out. They were very well received! We also had a little note with it requesting mailing address so it worked very smoothly when it was time for the paper invites.

Also vistaprint was so inexpensive for our invites and arrived within 1 week. We're very happy we were able to save money on these aspects and no one seemed to consider it being cheap or tacky.
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t think there’s anything wrong with online save the dates! many couples don’t bother with save the dates at all, so i think online is a great option!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You're welcome! That way it's not as many invites to mail out.

• K
    Newbie June 2022 Ontario
    Kendra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Excellent point about the older generation! Thank you!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My friend did online save the date/invites and it worked out fine! Maybe mail out a few to older guests who aren't email/computer savvy but the rest should be able to figure out online.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics