Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alix
Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan

One year to go!! :)

Alix, on June 21, 2019 at 10:31 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 14
Yesterday marked one year till our wedding. There is still so much to do. We have our venue and photographer. My mom will be making the cupcakes and we are just having a BBQ for the supper. We have a few decorations already and my fiance found the perfect suit jacket the other day. I started addressing the invitations the other day. I know there is so much to do, I just don't know where to begin. Where were you in the planning process at the one year mark?

14 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on June 25, 2019 at 00:37
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It sounds like you're right on track!

For me, by the one year mark I had booked:

- Photographer

- DJ

- Florists

- Reception venue

- Ceremony venue

And I think that' it lol.

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you are in a good place for being at the one year mark. I would try to lock down an officiant if you haven't already. Like you I had the big things confirmed but am still working on random things like signage, logistics (transportation). Do you need to find a DJ or band? Do you need to rent chairs?

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

At my one year mark I was pretty planned but had/have the minor things left like cake, decor, favours, etc. to do.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That’s so exciting!! I’m not quite at a year yet (less than a month until we hit the one year mark) but we’re essentially done planning except for decor (taking care of that this weekend!).

right now im gathering addresses and starting labels to send out my save the dates next month. My save the dates have been a huge headache almost from the get go so I’ll be happy when that part is finished 😂
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow! What a moment to remember after so long.

One year mark was when the invites created, online shopping was in full swing. Favours were bought way in advance and my suit. Parents bought my wedding outfit in India when they travelled.

Web search was also in effect for reception rentals: backdrop, centerpieces, floral balls and money box. Officiant search was also looked into ensuring our civil marriage to take place with information provided and what to choose from the packages given.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That is so exciting! This is when things start flying by!
    I am a super organized person, so by one year out I had everything pretty much booked, at least all the big vendors. Focus on your bigger vendors; venue, DJ, officiant, florist, catering, photographer. Start looking into hair and makeup, those ones always book up fast!
    Use the checklist on Wedding Wire. It is a very good site by step list for planning. I also downloaded another one from Pinterest that had some more details in it that I use as well
  • Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    How exciting! I think you’re way ahead of the game. I only have my venue booked at the one year mark 🙈
  • Alix
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you. My auntie will be doing my makeup and one of my bridesmaids I think is helping me with my hair Smiley smile

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would definitely start looking into hair and makeup.. I waited until 5 months out and everyone I really wanted was booked a year in advance.

• Shla
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Date twins! We have a venue for the moment. But we are honestly considering throwing the whole big wedding in the trash having a tiny ceremony and brunch at a restaurant.
  • Alix
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We also need to find a florist, and find decor. We need to think about transportation and need to find an officiant.
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What’s next on your list of things to do?! I still need to finalize a florist, find a bakery to do our cut cake and cake pops, and find a rental company for our reception decor!
  • Alix
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We have been engaged for a year already as well. So I think i have almost half of the planning done already. I just know there is so much more to do Haha
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just hit the one year mark earlier this month! so exciting! I had been engaged for 13 months already by the time we hit our one year mark, so I had lots of the planning done! I’ve booked venues, photographers, caterers, officiants, hairstylist, DJ and transportation! I even bought my wedding dress that weekend, which was another thing to cross off the list!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics