Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bianca
Master August 2019 Ontario

One Year Away!

Bianca, on August 4, 2018 at 00:15

Posted in Before the wedding 61

I'm so excited and a little nervous that my wedding is officially under a year away as of 15 minutes ago! Where has the time gone?! Has anyone else had that "ah ha!" moment when they realized that their wedding date was fast approaching? It's eating me up like butterflies and getting me all excited...

I'm so excited and a little nervous that my wedding is officially under a year away as of 15 minutes ago! Where has the time gone?!

Has anyone else had that "ah ha!" moment when they realized that their wedding date was fast approaching?

It's eating me up like butterflies and getting me all excited Smiley smile

61 Comments

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a great name! How does he feel about it? I think we can all agree that it's more common for girls to change their names after they get married, so what's the reaction been when people find out he's changing his too?

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That makes sense, especially for honeymooning!

Our name will be new and original, a combination of our last names! His is Neufeld and mine is Hauser so we're combining to Neuhauser Smiley laugh

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would assume you could change it pre-wedding just in case someone wanted to have their passport reflect their married name.

That's so sweet how you're doing a combined name! Is it hyphenated or something completely new and original?

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I get your sarcasm on the paperwork lol.

Me and my FH are both changing our last names to a combined name. It'll definitely be more paperwork but it's what we want to do. We won't be changing it right after the wedding, but definitely at some point. I didn't know you could change it before the wedding lol

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sounds like you're on the ball with everything! I'm so excited for you! I hope you post a little something about your wedding after the fact (and after the honeymoon if you're doing it right away!) Smiley smile

• Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

A little bit of both! Definitely starting to relax and enjoy things, but there are also some last minute things to do (not many left thankfully)! Our list is getting pretty short, and it's mainly things to do next week - get my ring cleaned, steam all of our "getting ready robes", get stuff for breakfast for the morning of (just doing bagels, toast, etc), have my final dress fitting, and put tips into envelopes for certain vendors! Other than that, I think it's going to be smooth sailing! I'm SO excited - even though it doesn't feel real yet!

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh yeah, the marriage certificate part should be fun to get (that's sarcasm in case you missed it). If you don't mind if I ask, are you changing your name or keeping yours? I'm torn between doing mine pre-wedding or post.

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We've been engaged since last October (10 months now). I feel like everything is waiting to build up too. I feel good about coming up to the one year mark, I just booked my officiant and I want to book my DJ by the one year mark as well! I think once I get to a point where we have to do legal stuff and plan out our vows, it'll get real, real quick.

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hahah what happened at 10 months? Was it something specific or just a "HEY, IT'S ALMOST HERE!" moment lol.

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

How long have you been engaged? I think the longer the time is between the engagement to the wedding, the more everything builds up. How are you feeling coming up towards the one year mark? On the entire day, all I could think about was "oh, a year today I will be getting married, hmmm".

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That damn timer counts down so fast! I agree that it is so surprising how quickly the time disappears - especially if you're having a long engagement.

How are you feeling leading up to everything? Do you feel prepared? Excited? Anxious? I'm personally everything and nothing all at the same time depending on the day lol.

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Aw, that's so sweet that he had a "this is real" moment! I'm convinced that my FH won't have one, or won't make a stink and tell me about it.

How does it feel now post-wedding for you Stephanie?

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You're so good already having gotten your dress! I've been procrastinating on that one because it involves coordinating several people (when I'd rather go alone tbh!).

How far are you with planning? I'm always worried that I'm behind (when I know I'm not really).

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WOW! Your wedding is literally around the corner! How does it feel being so close but still 3 weeks away?

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

OMG you're like less than 2 weeks away now! What else do you have to get done or are you just enjoying the days leading up? Congrats on being so close!

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Omg you're so close! Your cake tasting is tomorrow too! How excited are you? What's even involved with that (we're not doing a cake, so haven't looked into what goes into a tasting)?

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah wedding date twin! How are you coming along with your planning? I'm getting anxious about not having my hair and makeup done (since I've had nothing but hair and makeup nightmares for the past week lol)!

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You're totally at that sweet point in the countdown timeline where it's coming up but not panic time... yet! I loved that time lol. It passes by really quickly!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats!!!! That one year is going to FLY!!! For me the big moment actually just happened at 10 months! One year was like... oh tons of time! And now it's like oh no its 10 months!!!! Haha!!
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I hit the "Just over a year away mark" instead of the "two years out" mark lol this weekend at our engagement party. Still a ways out and feels a little surreal still. I saw my shoes in person this weekend and it hit me a little, but not a lot.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Every time I come on this site and see the countdown I am surprised. I can not believe how close we are. We are 222 days out. The first time it felt super real for me was picking a wedding dress.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So exciting! I can't really remember my "this is real" moment. For my husband, it was when we went for our marriage licence.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That was me last friday when I hit 1 year away. And the next day when I purchased my dress! 😊
  • April
    Frequent user September 2018 Saskatchewan
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The moment for me was when it went from 2017 to 2018. I could now say I was getting married this year. And now with our wedding in 4 weeks, well the countdown is really on!
  • Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel you! I’m having that feeling now, as today we are three weeks away! It’s crazy how fast it goes by
  • Maya
    Expert January 2019 Alberta
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It felt like just yesterday we were a year out and now it’s only 5 months and 15 days away. Time has passed by so fast. Sooooo excited for our wedding. My brothers are going to do traditional singing and drumming for me as I walk down the isle. We go cake tasting in 10 days and I’m sooo excited for designing my cake.
  • Lacey
    Beginner August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Lacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had this moment this evening as well as my wedding is one year away today too! It’s a good feeling with how much I already have accomplished!
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I mean mines still 477 days away but honestly I’ve already had it. There was this point where I kind of went “Oh it’s closer to the year mark than the two year mark” and it made me realize just how fast time is passing!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics