Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Baria
Curious July 2022 Quebec

Officiant/celebrant

Baria, on August 11, 2020 at 11:46 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 11
Hello community. I was wondering how long did it take your officiant/celebrant search took to reply to you? I started searching, requested few quotes and information but no response. (Had spoke with a person I actually liked but unfortunately that person never responded after we spoke 🤷‍♀️)

The wedding is next July, but having a very busy life, I was looking on booking the celebrant this week since I'm off and won't have any time off until right before the wedding.
When I searched for all other vendors, the responses were almost immediate. Maybe celebrant/officiant are different? I'm also starting to think maybe it's the type of wedding we want that is making them not answer? I'm Muslim (strong believer in God but not in a specific religion) groom is atheist. We both respect our beliefs or none of it, so we want something that is focused on what we are, love and respect, kindness and caring human touch. I want to have a little hint of God but a non denominal ceremony. Something simple, sweet, funny but deep. Maybe my request is too much? What are your thoughts, experience?

11 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on August 18, 2020 at 11:57
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Glad to hear you found an officiant. One that answered quickly too.
  • Baria
    Curious July 2022 Quebec
    Baria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They are so smooth to deal with. Booked the officiant, loooved him. Thank you so much for the recommendation. 😍
  • Baria
    Curious July 2022 Quebec
    Baria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Kris. I had sent a message before this post without reply.
    Things happen for the nest always, we ended up finding another officiant via allseasons, and we actually like him much more. 🙂
  • K
    Curious September 2023 Ontario
    Kris ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If the Officiant has noted that they do different types of Ceremonies, the type of ceremony you want shouldn't be a factor! I didn't have this issue with specifically my officiant, but when I was looking for a coordinator I was really confused as to why I wasn't getting responses to my inquiries! All of my other vendors replied quite promptly, so the only thing I could think of is maybe because now I'm looking for vendors in a post covid time, and there is a lot of uncertainty perhaps? If it was someone you really liked, I would definitely reach out to them again! At least so you're not left wondering. Nothing wrong with being a bit pushy if it's important to you!😊
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm sure you'll get a response! Crossing my fingers for you!

• Baria
    Curious July 2022 Quebec
    Baria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's what I thought, thank you for the reply. I reached out to a few last week and literally zero answer. I sent today a request to all-seeing, saw 2 that I would love to meet. Let's see.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When my fiance and I started planning our wedding 2 years ago, when I sent out our first email to an officiant that we really wanted, it only took a day or two for him to respond.

• Baria
    Curious July 2022 Quebec
    Baria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I thought if it, but all the important people are in the wedding party, and I prefer others to enjoy the moment with us.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Baria, apparently in Quebec you'red allowed to have family or friends officiate your wedding. https://www.justice.gouv.qc.ca/en/couples-and-families/marriage-civil-union-and-de-facto-union/officiant/conditions-for-acting-as-an-officiant/

Maybe you can try that if you can't find someone. This isn't allowed in Ontario and I'm always jealous when others get this opportunity.

• Baria
    Curious July 2022 Quebec
    Baria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you kindly Vinod. I will reach out now.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You want answers by speaking to someone,

Wedding Officiants - Wedding Ceremonies by All Seasonshttps://allseasonsweddings.com/en/wedding-officiantsThis site will help given any area you live and get to talk to individuals personally. You shall have the Officiant within days. Its very helpful.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics