Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emily
Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick

Officant gift.

Emily, on May 23, 2019 at 18:19 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 7
Okay brides to be. Our officant isnt asking for any money to do the ceromony so what would be a good idea for a "thank you" gift

7 Comments

Latest activity by Taylor, on July 6, 2019 at 23:55
  • Taylor
    Devoted October 2021 Alberta
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is so kind that they didnt ask for money. I think a nice card with a nice personal note with a prepaid visa or dining card would be a nice little thank you.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A gift card that will have something meaningful for your officiant of their choice and a Thank you card. The officiant is attending the reception, then the liquor feels unneeded if you have open bar for the evening.

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think you could make up a nice gift basket. Choose a $ figure as your budget and choose a theme ie spa stuff, alcohol, food like different spices, oils.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A bottle of wine would be good with a special thank you note/card.

or a gift card for dinner somewhere like the other girls suggested!
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is super lucky!

A gift card out to dinner, or a nice bottle of wine would be a nice little gesture!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well then.... maybe just consider it your wedding gift? I know that we have our FH's Uncle being our officiant and we just plan on paying him the cost of the license + fees plus maybe $150-$200.

I would say that a good gift would be something for him/her that they enjoy doing - are there any interests that he/she has? If not - what about alcohol? I'm not sure if you are already having an open bar but if not perhaps you could give them the pass for the night?

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow.. lucky. is it someone you know personally?? If it is, maybe a gift card to a dinner place you know they like.. or a spa or something.. a nice wine basket.. I would say, it depends on how well you know them and how much you want to spend.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics