Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Holly
Beginner October 2020 Ontario

Number of Bridesmaids to Groomsmen/Bestman

Holly, on August 17, 2019 at 13:35 Posted in Before the wedding 0 7

Me and My Fiance are getting marriedSmiley ring next October a week before halloween at City Hall. I have already asked a girlfriend to be a Bridesmaid and another to be my MOH. My Fiance hasn't asked anyone on his side yet. I would like to add two more of my girlfriends to be in my bridal party as Bridesmaids. But I am not sure If 1) I should wait til he asks on his side OR 2)if I should add two more Bridesmaid to my side and have it be uneven.

What should I do? Smiley ups

7 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on September 5, 2019 at 00:20
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'd talk to him if I were you and agree upon if you want an even or uneven bridal party. If it doesn't matter, then go ahead and add the two more bridesmaids!

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You decide if you want them or not! we have an uneven number. he has more than me and i dont care to have it even!

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your call. It doesn't HAVE to be even - mine is not. Talk to your fiance and figure it out together!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Talk to your FH. Also, feel free to wait!! I made sure to wait till at least the 1 year mark to ask mine because as everybody knows - friends come and go!

My FH had a list of guys in his head but it just took him longer to mention it to them. He's more laid back so he wasn't worried about it. At very least you need to see what he thinks about uneven/unmatching numbers.

• A
    Devoted October 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are off balance with our wedding party, I have 3 ladies plus FG and he has 2 Groomsmen. We are toying with the idea of either a) the guys walk up the aisle with 2 ladies each or b) they all walk single file. I should note that out of the 6, 3 are my kids ( 2 teens)
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think I would check with him first before adding any more. Having 1 or 2 more than him would be ok, but If you ask the other girls and he only has a best man it is going to be a little off.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would talk with your FH and see who he's thinking of asking to be on his side. I have 4 bridesmaids and my FH has 3 groomsmen/bestwoman. I think if if you're off balanced by 1 or 2 it's okay (especially if it's 4-3 or 4-2) but if you have 4 and your FH only has a best man, it would look odd. If he only plans on having a best man, I would only have the 2 people on your side.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics