Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stefanie
Devoted August 2021 Saskatchewan

Notifying/invitations

Stefanie, on April 27, 2020 at 22:21 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6
Those of you that have already sent out your invitations but plan to still have a small ceremony and then a vow renewal/reception a year from your date, how have you notified guests, and are you planning to resend invitations? My biggest concern is just telling guests to change the date is our wedding has now moved to August 14/21 I am concerned guests may lose our invitations from now until then. What are you doing, or what might you do? Also are you telling your guests that you are still getting legally married or no? I have far to many thoughts running through my head lol. My apologies and thanks ladies!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Stefanie, on May 4, 2020 at 21:25
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2021 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We had already sent out our invitations as we have out of province and lots of shift workers invited. Unfortunately we never did a wedding website at the beginning. Regardless to whether we do the legal part this summer we still plan to have a ceremony of some kind and the reception next year. We ended up sending out a Facebook post and emailed back those who had RSVP'd. Later we will reprint and send out our save the dates and invitations. Being over a year away I wanted to resend with the correct information as that's a long time away for those to remember or not misplace the previous invitations.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Did you send out your invites? dont send them out yet and then just change your invites for the new date or scratch it out. we have our website so people have been checking there. yes tell them if you get married this year cuz they will be confused why youre not having a ceremony next year

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

New invitations being made is adding to the budget if your considering this option. The way I had to send invitations to family that lost them was by WhatsApp or other social media apps. It saves on the postage. Invitations needed to be sent out as not done yet, it would make sense to cover up the old date with the new one and the rest of the information stays the same.

The easiest way of updating family and friends is to email, text or message them personally to let them know the new date will be a vow renewal followed by reception. Another way is using word to make a UPDATE CHANGE using to have guests know.

• Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So we haven’t sent out our invites to our whole guest list just immediate family. If we have to postpone then yeah,, personally I’d be resending everyone new invites
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our plan is to tell everyone by text/call/email that we are postponing and that a formal invitation will follow with the new details. We only sent save the dates, but I wish we hadn't so we could quietly change our plans without all the extra work.

We hope to get legally married on our 2020 date, and the invites for 2021 will be to celebrate our first anniversary so people will know that we're already hitched.
  • Jillian
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Jillian ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have the same exact questions! Glad I am not the only one!! I thought was I overthinking

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics