Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Carla
Beginner September 2021 Ontario

Night time Weddings

Carla, on November 28, 2018 at 09:44 Posted in Wedding reception 0 12
Hi there! Recently engaged and finally ready to get some opinions on night time weddings. I’ve always wanted to be married at night (around 8). Which would negate a full meal being served. Just wondering if anyone has attended or had a night wedding? Thoughts?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Tune Twisters, on December 16, 2018 at 14:46
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The latest wedding I attended was 7. They did serve appetizers after. People should know that a dinner isn't included when the ceremony is so late, but a line on the invitation stating "followed by an appetizer reception" will just ensure people eat beforehand.

I also heard of a midnight wedding. A friend of a friend went. They had it on New Years Eve. Started with the reception and dance and had the vows at midnight.

The nice thing about a late wedding is you can take more time to get ready or relax before getting ready. We got married at 2:00 and it seemed super rushed all day!

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    See I’m a sucker for party’s going as long as possible but a later do would be awesome. Late nights and a whole lot of fun! Late nights are where the fun are at!
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went to an evening wedding. I want to say 630 or 7. it was awesome. the one thing I recommend is put on your invitation somehow that there isn't a full meal being served. so people plan properly (most people assume weddings have a full meal). my friend did that. so we knew ahead of time. and just had an early dinner. she had lots of apps/desserts etc.

• Dar
    Frequent user December 2018
    Dar ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It sounds awesome. A friend did a backyard wedding (although earlier in the day) and it was beautiful. One unexpected expense was the fines from the bylaw officer though 😄 not sure where you live or the rules in your area, but they forgot to check the quiet rules and how far the sound of the music would travel. Apparently bylaw finally had to issue a fine (after some warnings) at about 2am although they did commend the DJ on his sound system because apparently the music travelled really well.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Night weddings can be awesome! I haven't been to one, but ours is pretty close, ceremony at 4.30, straight into the reception. You could easily make your ceremony 7 or 8 pm, ooh or sunset! Sunset on Oct 3, 2020 in Peterborough is 6.49pm... Haha.

Then you can just have drinks and hors d'oeuvres as you and your guests dance and party the night away!

October Sunset WeddingNight time Weddings 1

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it's a neat idea!! I would maybe host something after people have dinner and just do some late night snacks? Or if you wanted to have a dinner it could be before and then the ceremony starts after dinner??? Would be interesting to see how it works!
  • Carla
    Carla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for the encouragement!

• Carla
    Carla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for the positive thoughts! We are definitely thinking of having apps out then a great midnight/late night meal served. Food truck or something along those lines!

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This sounds awesome, love the idea of apps before dancing. Kind of wish I could go back and do this instead!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that it sounds fun! Less stress for sure - plus you won't be serving any dry chicken as meals! Love the idea of apps being out for the guests! Make sure you have a lot of them though as people will probably eat supper as early as 5 and by 8 they may want food that isn't a cracker with cheese.

Congrats on the engagement and welcome to the wedding wire community by the way!

• Carla
    Carla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Gina that is so nice to hear! Thanks for the feedback Smiley smile

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My sister did it. She got married at 7:30 pm and did a bunch of appetizers before the dance. Honestly, it was great! There was no rush to get ready ridiculously early (I was MOH) no one was leaving early because of the wedding being to long. And no one got insanely drunk. Not to mention she saved a bunch of money. I see nothing wrong with an evening wedding. I say go for it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics