Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emily
Devoted October 2018 Ontario

Night before the wedding

Emily, on July 29, 2018 at 09:53 Posted in Before the wedding 0 44
What did you do for the night before you wedding/what are you planning on doing? I’m undecided on where I want to sleep, who I want to be with etc. Any input would be helpful.

44 Comments

Latest activity by Kay, on August 31, 2018 at 14:51
  • Kay
    Devoted September 2018 Nova Scotia
    Kay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have our AirBnB booked for the night before and the night of the wedding. My partner is suggesting that I sleep there so I can get a good nights sleep (and him too, at our house), but I feel bad about leaving the kids with him, especially when we have to get up early that morning and setup the venue.

But I think maybe it would be best for each of us to have a decent rest. It'll allow me to get my dress hung up, and everything setup for it to be the home base for the day!

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are staying in a hotel the night before the wedding. All my bridesmaids will be staying in the bridal suite with me the night before and my FH is staying with my brother.

• Sheena
    Beginner November 2018 Queensland
    Sheena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I will be staying at my mums house with my two sisters (bridesmaids) and my best friend (MOH) I can't wait.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are going to have the rehearsal dinner the night before and then my fiance and I won't see each other until the ceremony.

Either I will be sleeping in my MOH's room or he will be in his best man's room. As of right now we are thinking I will have our king suite for the night before and then get ready in that the day of but it may be reversed. Both our BM and MOH have king suites as well so we will all have plenty of room regardless of who sleeps where Smiley smile

• Kaye
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Kaye ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Im staying in a hotel near the venue with my maid of honor. Last "slumber party" being a single woman
    Probably getting chinese takeout
  • Kay
    Devoted September 2018 Nova Scotia
    Kay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having a surprise wedding, so we will be prepping any last minute stuff, and taking our things that we need to our AirBnB that we are renting for the weekend. We will be using the same rental for the night of the wedding, and is close to downtown, which is only 10 minutes from our venue, and a few minutes from the salon I am going to get my hair/makeup done.

My fiance offered to let me sleep there by myself the night before the wedding to give me some needed rest, but I would feel bad leaving him alone with the kiddos!

• Tabitha
    Beginner October 2018 New Brunswick
    Tabitha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have a family supper the night before then I will be heading to the hotel with my bridesmaids for a relaxed "slumber party". My fiance will be sleeping at his parents house. We have been together for 5 years now and lived together for 2.5 years. I like the idea of not seeing each before the wedding. We will have time to miss each other and be super excited & nervous to see each other after almost 24hrs of being apart. 💕
  • Holly
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're getting married on my FH's parents property. I plan on staying in a large master suite on the lower level (with a view of the lake!) It will also be used as the Bridal suite the next day. I'm looking forward to a solo night where as an introvert I can clear my mind and recharge after all the stress of planning!

• Holly
    Frequent user November 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I plan on staying at our hotel the night before and having a sleepover with my cousin and god daughter or maybe even alone. I think a peaceful night before the chaos will be perfect.

• Meagan
    Frequent user October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Meagan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm going to book the "honeymoon" suite we get for the night of, for myself the night before so that I have a cushy, cozy place to sleep and distress, then I also have the whole suite for my bridal party to get ready! I'm planning to head to the spa with my MOH and then have a slumber party with my mum, and maybe my FMIL and MOH, still undecided there!

• Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aw that will be so nice!
  • Megann
    Frequent user September 2018 New Brunswick
    Megann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My maid of honor is flying in with the rest of the family on wednesday, so the friday night we’ll be roomies at her hotel room Smiley smile It’s so exciting. She’s excited and so am I!
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds so lovely!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My dad hosted the Welcome dinner for both families and wedding party at Mandarin near the venue. Later that night, the staff was nice to start a bonfire on the beach and had a good time with mt family.

The feeling of the true north gave a different view for everyone.
  • Lor
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Lor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having a dinner at a local pub near the hotel that my guests are staying at (I have most people coming from out of town) and we will be staying at a suite at the hotel the night before. (my fh in one room and me and my girls in another) and we will be having a good time chatting and spending time with them all

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Rehearsal dinner the night before most likely! And then I want some alone time with just me and my FH! I'm staying at the hotel attached to the venue the night before as that's where were getting ready the next day but my FH wont stay with me! I dont want him to see me until church! We will stay together the night of our wedding in the same hotel though!
  • Emily
    Devoted February 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have a rehearsal dinner planned at the hotel we will be staying at for the night before our wedding from 6:00pm - 9:00pm. Then we will share a hotel room together - we've been together 5.5 years and lived together for 2.5 by the time were married, so no need to keep things separate. A lot of the out of town family and friends will also be staying with us at the hotel, so it'll be a fun relaxing night all together.

• Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I like the idea of having time with the girls but then ultimately sleeping with my FH in our own bed.
  • Genis
    Frequent user January 2019 Alberta
    Genis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was going to be spending the night apart from FH but I am not superstitious either so will probably sneak off to his room to stay with him - sorry mum!

I think I'm liking the idea of a bit of a girls night with a movie & pjs. something chilled but fun!

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have not fully decided yet, my FH will either stay at the house or with one of his grooms women. I want to be comfortable and plan on getting ready at our house but he will be getting ready somewhere else so it will be a matter of if he wants to go there the night before or sleep at home and go there in the morning.

• Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah that’s fair! We’ve been living together for a year and a half and I’m not superstitious either.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It also depends on how traditional you are. FH and will have been living together for 5 years by the time we get married, and I'm not supersticious, so I don't feel it's necessary for us to spend the nigt before apart.

• Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah that’s kind of the situation I am in! We don’t live far from our parents but my other sister and her family will be traveling from far out of town and staying there so I think sleeping in my own bed might be my best option.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm sleeping at a cottage near the location of reception. I asked my MOH and bridesmaid to stay with me and offered for any of the wedding party to stay with me. The two that will be don't have children so its easier for them. I don't expect anyone to stay with me. I thought be easier location wise so could sleep longer if needed and only 5 minutes to church.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We'll probably both spend the night in the home that we share. Our venue is 10 minutes away from us (5 minutes away from my mother's home), so I'll head over to my moms in the morning to get ready with her and my sister. Unfortunately she doesn't have the space to accommodate me the night before unless I want to sleep with her or my sister in one of their beds lol... definitely not happening! I don't want to risk sleeping wrong and having a sore something the day of.

• Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I understand that too! I don’t sleep well at the best of times.
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds so lovely!
  • Meagan
    Frequent user October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Meagan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're planning on getting separate hotel rooms at our venue, he's undecided on who, if anyone, will join him, but I'm thinking a spa night/slumber party with my maid of honour and my mum could be fun! It'll just have to be an early night haha

• Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having our rehearsal at the venue and then dinner at FH's dads country club. Afterwards I will be staying at the hotel where we will be getting ready in the morning. A few of my bridesmaids have asked if I want them to stay the night before with me but I told them while I appreciate it, I honestly just want a good nights sleep alone.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We spent the day setting up, had our rehearsal dinner, and then my husband and I went back to our trailer and slept.

• Marie-Claire
    Devoted August 2018 Quebec
    Marie-Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're getting married in my hometown, so we don't have the option of sleeping at home. We'll both sleep at my parents' house (in separate bedrooms, we're not living together before), but he'll leave in the morning to go get ready in his parents' hotel room, while my bridesmaids and I get ready at the house.

• Fiorina
    Curious July 2018 Ontario
    Fiorina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I slept at my parents house since I had arranged for hair and makeup to be done there (I moved out 6 weeks ago so I had set most of the stuff long before we found our place). We wanted to be traditional and not see each other day of and it was nice spending the evening with my closer family members

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics