Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Devoted October 2019 Ontario

Need to vent

Amanda, on November 29, 2018 at 11:21 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6

I love that everyone is offering us helpful tips and tricks to save money with our wedding but it seems like they all want us to have some cheap wedding. By cheap I mean, tell everyone to bring the food, alcohol, chairs and dishes, just get a guest or two to take all the photos, hook a speaker up to a laptop and just let it play, don't have table cloths. Again I love my friends and family and these ideas may work for some people but this is not the vision we have for our wedding. we are at the point that we don't even want to do a wedding anymore.

How does one deal with all of this, along with the stress of Christmas?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on August 21, 2019 at 12:03
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Theres a ton you can do to cut wedding costs and still have a nice wedding. Don’t invite every single person you know or talk to occasionally. Keep ur guest list smaller and then get married off season or on a fri or sun those dates are almost half price! My friend got married in January and she spent about 10 k on her wedding and it was beautiful and she did open bar at her venue!

• Jasmin
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Jasmin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I need to learn from you too. Some bridesmaids are very opinionated and I have trouble standing firm! Am I the only one that wants a bridal shower based on savory foods (envision hot dogs, poutine, food crawl) and not a sweets table?? But they feel it’s so crucial 😭 but i don’t get to plan my own shower so I feel the need to go around to other bridesmaids and have them go with my idea 😂
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have honestly learned to tune people out. except my FH.

what I recommend is. step back. take a deep breath. take a break from planning during the month of December if you can.

my fav answer is "well that's not what we want"

I have no shame in getting to the point. haha

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ah that sucks! Are these people paying for the wedding? If not, their opinions are simply that. I find you do learn to tune it out eventually and tell people you'll "think about it". For me, "I'll think about it" is my nice way of saying "I don't like your suggestion" lol.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ugh people! After a year of being engaged, I’ve learned how to tell people that I’ll think about their suggestion... then I never speak of it again lol. I’ve had some bizarre suggestions on how to save money and whatnot that really didn’t fly with me.

Good luck to you ❤️
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Easy!! When people offer their 2 cents or more just say "thanks!! We'll think about that!" It puts the focus of you two making the decision and kind of dismisses the suggestion without being too rude hahah!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics