Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Renee
Curious June 2020 Alberta

Need some ideas

Renee, on September 10, 2019 at 18:06 Posted in Wedding reception 0 12
Hello everyone I am looking for ideas to fundraise for the ramainding of our balance of our venue any ideas

12 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on October 7, 2019 at 20:50
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I wish I could help you with that but I have no idea where you'd start with planning one! We didn't have one and unfortunately none of my friends/family have, so I'm no help lol.

• T
    Curious September 2020 Ontario
    Trish ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Not trying to sound rude but definitely work and save up for it. I’m having a fairly budget wedding considering my guest list is around 200 but it’s a year away and I plan to basically eat lettuce for the entire year lol and save every single dime I make. Get a part time job if possible. Sell some things you don’t use anymore. Or trade for decor items to save money. Babysit for family and tell them you’re trying to earn extra money to help pay for the wedding. They may have other odd jobs they can hire you to do. They’ll probably feel good about contributing in a way that’s beneficial to both of you.
    Were also having the jack and Jill. Less so to raise money, of corse that’s a nice added bonus, but mostly because there are a lot of friends that we wont be inviting to the wedding but still want to celebrate with them. It’s a Halloween party and we’re spending quite a bit on it. Food is included (booze is not) but the prizes available are insanely good. If we break even I’ll be happy. If we do make a profit we’ll be putting it towards a honeymoon fund but you could defiantly use any earnings to put towards your venue.
    Just be careful and try not to go into debt or have a wedding you really can’t afford. If you really can’t afford it maybe consider postponing it until you can.
  • Renee
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My wedding is June 20, 2020 and I have bout 10,000 more to pay plus my venue decor
  • T
    Curious September 2020 Ontario
    Trish ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When is your wedding and how much more do you have to pay?
  • Renee
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    How would I go about setting one of those up? And when should I hold it?
  • Emily
    Expert September 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great ideas!!! Love it
  • Renee
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you rayanne I’ll try this out also
  • Renee
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for your comment and your suggestion it sounds very easy and good a lot of people love alcohol out here that might be a great idea thank you
  • Tinaka
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Tinaka ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think a stag and doe is a great way to go. We just held one for my sister and raised a large amount of money. I am from a small town where these are common and everyone knows everyone so I kind of get that this makes a huge difference.

Popular money making from hers:
    - raffle of donated prizes for $20 bucks thet got tickets to put in for a bunch of different prizes
    - "find the joker" my dad put a bunch of cards on a bristal board and people paid $2 to sign their name on a card whoever found the joker won half of the money raised from the game (people alwayd donate the money back... at least where im from they do lol)
    - a hand made game where the groom stuck his butt in a whole cut into plywood and people paid $5 to take slapshots at him. This made a TON of money to no surprise lol alternatively people mostly pay to see either the bride or the groom get a whipped cream pie in their face.

This last idea is something that I would suggest doing even if you choose not to have a entire buck and doe. It was the "Bucket of Booze" my dad purchased and people donated a bunch of different booze where people could buy tickets to win it all! This made A TON OF MONEY im talking like hundreds of dollars.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A raffle works too depending in your area. It doesn't have to be a lot. First, second and third prizes maybe.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree - a stag and doe or a wedding social is a great way to raise money, just might not be taken well if they aren't common where you are. In that case I would say to try doing a 50/50 - make sure to check your provincial gambling laws though!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could have a stag or a stag and doe? Those would probably be the most welcomed ways of fundraising for a wedding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics