Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tanya
Beginner November 2020 Alberta

Need some help - seeking accessible venue in Alberta

Tanya, on February 15, 2019 at 16:23 Posted in Alberta 0 7
Okay I’m stressing out cuz I have my best friend who has cerebral palsy and uses a scooter. She is a bridesmaid and I have had no luck finding accessible venues that she can comfortably get around. We don’t have a big wedding budget...I don’t know..does anyone know of any venues that are accessible to disabled people? Please help.

7 Comments

Latest activity by Tanya, on March 12, 2019 at 14:57
  • Tanya
    Tanya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks! I just sent them a message.
  • Mimi
    Curious October 2020 Alberta
    Mimi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I recommend the Village Event Center in Calgary. Very beautiful High ceiling and wooden beams.
  • Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The prices might have gone up a tiny bit, but definitely worth checking out.

There is a kitchen, but I think they changed there rules so that you have to use their catering.

https://westernerpark.ca/venues

Worth a look at least.

Also check out burbank park hall outside of blackfalds. It is cheap and has a kitchen. Can only hold up to 100. Camping on site. Not sure how accessible it is. But beautiful venue, for a good price.

Also have you checked out Lacombe memorial centre? They have a few options like westerner.

Beautiful venue. Right next to the park if you want an outdoor ceremony. Reasonable prices, and I think you can book the kitchen there as well. Smiley smile And some if not all the rooms look accessible.

• Tanya
    Tanya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Really? That’s super cheap! Is there a kitchen and dance floor there as well?
  • Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What season do you plan on getting married? We are getting married at westerner park.

Their prices are super reasonable. Our wedding is outdoor on grass in the harvest gardens. Not sure how well that would work with the scooter. But they have back up indoor spaces too and their are ramps to get in to their pavilions if needed. Their staff are super helpful. And the Chalet is beautiful and not that much money. It looks like a log cabin, it is all one floor. Can be used for reception or ceremony depending. For our ceremony and reception space it came in under $1000.00

• Tanya
    Tanya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will be getting married in Red Deer. And yeah I think you’re right about using a hotel! She’s been my best friend since I was 14 so I really want her there.
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Where in Alberta are you located, and what style of venue are you checking out?

We have hundreds of venues listed on WeddingWire in Albert a to help you on your search! You can filter down even more by your city, and by venue type (for random example you'll probably have more luck finding an accessible hotel than you would a farm). And of course you can read reviews and ratings from real couples who have used their services before.

You sound like a great friend, putting her needs before your own!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics