Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia

Need creativity!

Kl, on May 11, 2020 at 20:59 Posted in DIY 0 19
Hey team!! So before we postponedNeed creativity! 1
Need creativity! 2
I commissioned a gorgeous welcome sign from Etsy, together with matching table numbers. I’ve tacked some photos onto this post. The only issue is that our welcome sign includes our 2020 date. But I 100% intend to use it next year as it’s one of my fav decor pieces and it cost a pretty penny. I figure I’ll just conceal the former date. Any recommendations re: how I should go about this? Flowers or sprigs of greenery? Something else?

Thanks in advance everyone!

19 Comments

Latest activity by Kl, on June 4, 2020 at 17:27
  • K
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ok I thought I just replied to this but it doesn't appear to have worked so I'm going to try again ahah! That's great news about the cuff links--what phenomenal customer service! I'll definitely reach out to the seller. I was thinking of ordering some additional signage from her so perhaps with the extra business she'd be inclined to correct the welcome sign. Definitely can't hurt to try!

• K
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s a great idea! Unfortunately the blue backsplash is painted on as well—so I think it’d make a bit of a mess. Thanks so much for your suggestions ☺️
  • Maria
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Maria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I wonder if you could use alcohol or paint thinner to dissolve it
  • K
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It’s painted on sadly!
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would reach back out to Etsy and see if they can offer you a discount if you re did that one piece. I had recently contacted Zazzle as I had ordered custom cufflinks for my father which also had the date on them, and the date of course is now changed. When I e-mailed them and told them my situation they actually credited me the WHOLE order so I could redesign it and get it the way I needed now. They were very considerate of the circumstances and I was shocked to see what they did for me! I ended up redesigning them with NO DATE just in case & its already being shipped to me!

Test your luck and see what they say!

• Maria
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Maria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Is the date printed on the acrylic or is it a decal?

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly just use the date on there people will have a laugh and you and your hubby can laugh about it later on

• Tracey
    Newbie September 2021 Ontario
    Tracey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That was my thought too. Cross out and put new date. Will be a great memory years from now.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    If you're not picky, I say do it! There's no shame in trying to save money during/after a pandemic when job losses are at an all-time high.
  • Kailey
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Kailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have been thinking of this idea too 😂 I ordered my guest book which was a canvas for people to sign the leaves on a tree. We have now moved our date and I really hate to reorder the pdf and pay to get it printed again.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A background design of a patterned border to give that look of the sign in front is nice for its vibrancy with the date covered up of the same design cut out though strip of the length. A few ways to add elegance to the sign if desired.

This is what my cousin and her husband created giving that touch of the frame.

Need creativity! 3

OIP.Y6g_UqELxJ-2T-VeMM9kXQHaIh?w=170&h=1OIP.dxQ47zxglzUhE-ahzpRhYAHaGR?w=218&h=1OIP.7024XZVVOJZccQWk-OrWtwHaGN?w=245&h=2OIP.JmyeUar-o8U8jXGOSLyoGwHaE-?w=286&h=1

• Patricia
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Patricia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have the exact sam problem! Some people have told me not to worry because everyone is aware of the reason for postponing. I like all the ideas with garland though!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like to be cheeky when it comes to these things. I would just take a marker and scratch out the original date and use a white marker to write in the new dates. But that's just me and I'm able to laugh at things like that.

• K
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks girl Smiley smile yeah that looks stellar I think a small garland would definitely do the trick. Merci!
  • K
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I think I’ll go greenery! It was my tentative plan for tables anyway! Thanks!!
  • K
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    LOL you’re so right my attempt to conceal a date isn’t exactly salacious. Thanks Amelia!
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You could definitely cover that with some greenery or flowers.

And if any guests see it they'll understand, it's not like you're trying to cover up your ex-husbands name from an old wedding it's just the date from your original plan.
    You could also contact the Etsy shop and see if they can send a decal to cover it, but that might be more conspicuous.
  • Arexy
    Devoted October 2020 Ontario
    Arexy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Some floral or some greenery would be nice! You could do the same around a few of the table numbers to match Smiley smile
  • Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m all about the greenery. I love your signs!!
    I think it would look great with eucalyptus garlands, just carry it around the bottom to cover the date.
    Need creativity! 4

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics