Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katherine
Curious August 2019 Alberta

Nails

Katherine, on August 3, 2019 at 23:52 Posted in Beauty 0 35
Hi all,
What colour of nails are you doing for your big day? Anyone suggest shellac manicures, or just regular (I’ve never gotten shellac haha)

i cant decide what to do!
My bridesmaids will be wearing burgundy dresses with gold accessories, and I will likely be wearing silver jewelry. So silver nails then? I’ve just never really been a fan of silver nails...

35 Comments

Latest activity by Loralli23, on August 6, 2021 at 11:11
  • Loralli23
    Newbie August 2021 California
    Loralli23 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I’m doing shellac as regular manicures chip pretty quickly on me.

• Isabella
    Newbie September 2022 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Isabella ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I’m doing shellac as regular manicures chip pretty quickly on me. I’ve been doing some ‘trials’ until the big day so I have an idea which colours I want to do.

• Cierrah
    Beginner April 2022 British Columbia
    Cierrah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello helloooo my friend. I’m late to the party here but hopefully not tooo late.
    Shellac is my recommendation. If you do it once it isn’t going to destroy your nails in a way acrylic would for example. Of course if you’re not comfortable with having them professionally removed, maybe regular polish is the answer! I would be too nervous with that because if my nails chipped I would be super sad lol. Thw great thing about the colours you’ve chosen is that you can have a natural nude with a little sparkle for your bridesmaids. Super classy and simple and will match anything. Same for you, if you aren’t one to do your nails all the time, sticking with a neutral or nude might make you happiest because it’ll look clean and polished. I’ll attach pictures of really popular stuff right now - a twist on a French manicure for you!! And maybe some gold accents for your bridal party. Best of luck!!!Nails 1
    Nails 2
    Nails 3
    Nails 4
    Nails 5

• Daily
    Expert August 2022 Ontario
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Something like this style but maybe in lavender or nude. But I like glitter and bling
    Nails 6

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For me - I HATE gel or shellac nails. They just completely ruin my nails and how strong they are after I get them done. I think that for my wedding I might just give in and get them though because of how sturdy they are when they are on your nails.. Smiley tongue

Nails 7

My wedding colours are teal and plum so something like these ^

For you I would say that you could either go with a simple french manicure, or you could go with a burgundy french tip? No need to go with silver if you don't want to! Nails are so small and won't show up in most of the far away pictures which tend to be the ones with the wedding party - so really it just has to look good when it's you and your FH - so pick what looks good with your outfits.

• Kelly
    Devoted May 2020 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For sure get shellac! I recommend and more natural look I go for the “freehand” style

Nails 8
  • Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did shellac in a very subtle shade. My bridesmaids will also be wearing burgundy.

Nails 9
  • L
    Beginner September 2019 Ontario
    Linnae ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Go with a shellac french manicure! That way you don't have to worry about it chipping and its just a classic clean look!

• Sondra
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Sondra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Shellac lasts longer and is generally tougher (I am a shellac addict) I would definitely say shellac as you will have no worries about chipped nails from setup to honeymoon! Just don't peel the paint off later, either use acetone on cotton balls and wrap your fingers in tinfoil with the acetone cotton on your nails for a couple of minutes to remove or go have the polish professionally removed as there is a dehydration step and then a bond used for the polish and it can rip a layer of your nails off. Then you have fragile nails until they grow out Smiley cry

You could do a natural colour like a light pink with a tiny burgundy heart on your ring finger to incorporate the bridesmaid dress colour into your manicure!

Just change the heart colour? Nails 10

• Heather
    Curious September 2020 Manitoba
    Heather ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ll definitely do schellac. I’ve been getting schellac manicures regularly for two years now. No damage to my nails. If the salon is good and the technician knows what they are doing there should be minimal impact to your natural nails. I had to take a few weeks off from schellac because of a procedure and my nails were still fine. This is what I did for my wedding social. Might do something similar for the wedding but with an accent of royal purple which is our wedding colour.

Nails 11
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m going with a really, really light / sheer pink, like almost white. I just love this look and think it’s classy and elegant and would go with any colours or theme.

Nails 12
  • Laura
    Curious February 2020 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm still months away, but I've already started thinking about how I'll do my nails!

I tried out silver and cream last week. I thought I'd like the silver, that's why I painted most of my nails silver. I did my ring fingers a cream with white sparkle on top, which I found looked much better! Silver is off my list of considerations.

Silver & Cream nailsNails 13

• Jennifer
    Curious August 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah, we're doing burgandy dahlias, and blush and ivory roses with a bunch of greenery

• Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Here was a test run I did with a shellac. I think I'll probably end up going with this colour for the wedding, or something very similar! I also don't think getting one round of shellac should impact your nails much. Smiley smile

Nails 14
  • Katherine
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s true, I guess a statement colour would detract from the ring! I’ve heard that shellac is really bad for your nails as well; I’m leaning towards it though as many people have suggested shellac, but maybe I will get it relived after the honeymoon to protect my nails
  • Katherine
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that is so cute!
  • Katherine
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    May I ask what kinds of flowers you are using? Smiley smile
  • Dionne
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Dionne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Probably as neutral and classic as possible. You would't wan't to look back at your pics in a few years and wonder "what the heck was I thinking?" I'm going with a pale lilac ombre with a subtle silver sparkle on my ring finger...and of course Shellac

• Jennifer
    Curious August 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My bridesmaids dresses are burgundy/wine as well. I’m planing on doing a light pink (like a blush/baller slipper colour). We have burgundy, blush and ivory flowers so it will all tie in together. I’d definitely go for shellac for your wedding too, regular polish may chip depending on how far in advance you get them done.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did shellac for my nails, here is a picture of what I did!

Nails 15

Nails 16
  • Shyan
    Curious January 2021 British Columbia
    Shyan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    French ombre fade extensions for me ! Smiley smile
  • Katherine
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks all for your comments and suggestions! Haha I still haven’t decided but now I have more info Smiley smile
  • A
    Beginner September 2019 Ontario
    Adele ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They look great!
  • Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went with very simple French fade! I would suggest keeping everyone’s nails neutral colours

Nails 17

Nails 18
  • Karine
    Curious October 2019 Quebec
    Karine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Shellac with a layer of gel so that they are nice and strong! Definitely stay in the nude colors (full opaque nude, ombré nude, semi-transparent nude, etc..). Your pictures will look a lot more natural and prettier, and will be prettier with your bouquet!
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm going with fakes (but still on the shorter side) since my natural nails are tragic from work but they'll be shellac-ed a nude or light blush colour with maybe a little sparkle on the ring fingers. Something subtle though.

• Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm doing fake nails with a nude polish with white lace design over top. I thought they were really pretty. I had also purchased a set that were nude with a silver holo gradient.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I usually get dip on my nails, stays super long and doesn’t chip.
    Leaning more towards a nude colour with some glitter. I was going to do ombré, but my dress is ivory and white will stick out way too much.
  • K
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Katrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would go with a nude polish colour.
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I swear by shellac. it looks great and lasts longer than polish.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'll also be doing shellac, just a day or two before the wedding. Regular polish just chips too easily for me, and it loses its shine fast too (IMO).

As for the colour, I think I'll go with a very neutral pink/nude colour.

• R
    Devoted November 2019 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm doing acrylic because shellac chips for me due to my job ( and i bite my nails) but shellac is super good especially if you have naturally long healthy nails! Ombre nails are super nice, I loved when I got mine done like that but I would also suggest a light grey instead of silver too. It's less glittery or sparkley but still neutral or burgundy. A steel blue i think would also be nice.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics