Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jessica
Super March 2018 Ontario

Nails?

Jessica, on February 17, 2018 at 17:45 Posted in Beauty 0 24

Any suggestions for manicures? I've seen some designs on Pinterest, but haven't really decided on anything. It's hard to tell when you just see the hand. I was thinking some kind of neutral tone such as a beige, but maybe one or two fingers with a little sparkle.

What have you done for your wedding? Or what will you do for yours?

24 Comments

Latest activity by Marie-Claire, on March 7, 2018 at 15:58
  • Marie-Claire
    Devoted August 2018 Quebec
    Marie-Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm thinking of going with royal blue (my wedding's colour) and adding silver or white details on a few fingers. But I do frequently wear bold colours, and I know that this one suits me.

I'll have to see how it looks with a white dress though.

• Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

French manicure I am thinking. I love the idea of the sparkle French Manicure. I am debating where to get them to write I Do with a rhinestone on my ring finger though I think its a cute but a little cheesy at the same time. But that's how me and my FH are.

• Elizabeth
    Frequent user June 2018 New Brunswick
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'll probably get a french fade, I don't want my nails to be too flashy and take the attention away from the ring!

• Ashley
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    These will be my wedding nails. I had them done like this sometime last year

Nails? 1
  • Surina
    Frequent user March 2018 Ontario
    Surina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am just having the basic french manicure with some rhinestones on them

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s very pretty!
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's stunning! I'm not that bold though, but it looks great!

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went for a fairly neutral pink with a little bit of sparkle, but one of my friends went with red nails on her wedding day and I absolutely loved it! Smiley heart 💅

Nails? 2

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My cousin got married a couple years ago, we all got matching french manicures & pedicures. She got a little extra sparkle to hers. I think with something so classic, people won't think about it. Matching red/blue/etc nails would be much more noticeable. In group shots, it will barely be noticeable, and in close-ups, it'll be mainly you and your hubby!

You could always request your girls get plain white, while you add the sparkle?

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooo...this is pretty, thank for sharing! Not sure if I want a French manicure since most of my bridal party is getting that. I wanted to be a bit different. Adding the sparkles is nice though.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Jessica! I constantly have my nails done, I love doing new colours, and my go to is with a sparkly accent nail. For my wedding, I'm keeping it simple. White faded tip with sparkle. All nails the same. I don't want my nails to clash, or have them stand out in photos (there will be photos close-up of your hands for the rings). Also, I'm going on my honeymoon right after, so the fade will allow the french tip to grow out a bit without looking bad! Definitely get a trial run done, but I would highly suggest keeping with a classic look.

Sparkle French TipNails? 3

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just went with a plain manicure, dusty rose colour. Something that looked classic in photos and was fairly neutral.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had a red manicure done except for each ring finger that was silver. It matched all my accessories.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Great advice! Thanks. I'll definitely bring something white or use a piece of paper to check this

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is cute too! Thanks, I'll check out the Instagram page Smiley smile

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love this! Thanks

• Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Jen! I will look into that brand. I did try the "free of 7" brand and I had a bit of irritation from that one as well. I have chemical testing at the end of the month so maybe I'll have more answers then.
  • Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You can be allergic to regular nail polish but not shellac/gel polishes. Different formulations. Have you tried spa ritual nail polish? People with the worst allergies can use it with zero issues.
  • Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've developed an allergy to something in nail polish. My eyes swell and I get eczema around them which lasts for days. I'm sad I'll be missing out on this one... I would have done something bold like grey or black. I've had shellac manicures with no issues but I don't think I'll chance it.
  • Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have no clue what I'm going to be doing with my nails. This is what I do for a living (I'm am esthetician) so it makes it difficult as I have so many options lol. I have a wonderful nail technician friend who has offered to do my nails as a wedding gift. I can't decide what I want :/

My biggest advice, it's what I do with brides, is make sure you put whatever color polish you're thinking of doing next to something white. This is how it will look against your dress. You'd be surprised how colors will look nice and nude in the bottle/on the swatch but against white, they completely change. Most pinks will look like bubble gum and most nudes will blend too much and create sausage fingers.
  • Rebecca
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A nice neutral nude or pale pink is very clean and elegant Smiley smile
  • Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Instagram also has some beautiful inspiration. this screenshot is from the Instagram acct from House of Polish, and a look im considering.

Nails? 4
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'll probably do a french manicure but instead of white tips, I'll have a soft pink/blush.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I plan to just go with plain and simple. Either a French manicure or similar to what you mentioned.

Nails? 5

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics