Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kacy
VIP February 2019 Quebec

My vendors in montreal, quebec

Kacy, on March 14, 2017 at 16:57 Posted in Quebec 0 7

My turn to answer these questions! I have been searching high and low, and have found some potential venues, so hoping we are able to book soon!

- How many vendors have you looked into? Which ones would you like to hire?

I think I have contacted minimum 100 venues, most probably more than that, looked into a majority of them (in the sense of obtaining quotes, etc).

- How many vendors on WeddingWire did you contact?

Including venues, officiants, caterers, and bridal shops: 94 Smiley cry Smiley surprise

- If you visited or booked them, share some pictures! Smiley smile

We have visited three so far, 1 of which was a no-go. Two require some more thought and working on the budget/guest list: Lordia restaurant and La Vieille Brasserie. I didn't take photos of those last two, but there photos online. We would require a caterer for La Vieille Brasserie.

I am planning to visit at least two more venues, hopefully they can become potential contenders, it has been a long time without finding something that fits the budget. I know my partner is becoming frustrated, has his own set of wishes, our parents have very different opinions, and their own set of expectations, all of which is becoming hard to navigate so I hope that we can settle on something soon.

7 Comments

Latest activity by Emilie, on March 27, 2017 at 03:53
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yaaayyyy!! That's amazing! I'm so happy for you! Let us know when it's confirmed! Can't wait to see pictures! Smiley love

• Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think we found a place!!!!!! Still meeting a couple more people this week, but I hope to have the final decision by the 31st yaaayyy
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh... That's too bad! Have you thought of a cabane à sucre? Would they be more affordable?

• Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yep, I've looked out in Montérégie, les Laurentian, near Tremblant, Estrie, Laval, etc.. Definitely more affordable for the most part but still too much Smiley atonished
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I definitely wish you luck Kacy!!! Smiley star Plenty of it!! Have you tried looking maybe just outside Montreal? Maybe you could find more affordable options?

• Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Smiley xd Smiley sexy I like the sound of venue expert hahaha!! Yes, I have gotten some very helpful advice, and lots of support, so that's always nice! I am trying to reach out to some caterers, and David will contact some culinary schools now because we do like La Vieille Brasserie, but since you have to bring in almost everything, it can get quite costly. I realize that there is some sort of negotiating that can be done with some venues/caterers, and I have tried with some that were closer to our ideal budget, but most of the time the vendors can't really go down as much as we'd like. I enjoyed negotiating for our house, but it hasn't been as easy to negotiate with venues (makes sense, it's a business, they want to make money!) because I don't know how far people have gone before! Anyways, either way it will work out, it's all a matter of gathering information and adjusting, whether that is adjusting the budget (not very possible), our guest list (not impossible but difficult to do) or everyone's expectations of what our wedding 'should look like' (wish me luck...). Smiley tongue

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh no!! I can't believe you contacted 100 venues and still nothing!! Smiley surprise I guess you'll be our venue expert in here! Smiley xd Have the other ladies in Montreal been able to give you advice?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics