Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Samtam
VIP November 2016 British Columbia

My dress!

Samtam, on February 13, 2017 at 14:49 Posted in Wedding Tests 0 12

Thanks for the awesome wedding test Emilie! I am happy to talk about my dress. Smiley shame I've never felt more beautiful than I did in that dress and I wish I had another opportunity to wear it! It was so amazing when my husband finally got to see it and he still talks about how much he loved it! (During the wedding planning process, I liked to tease him whenever there was a wedding dress on TV and say that that was my dress, especially if it was a ridiculous one! Smiley winking )

Cut

When I first went dress shopping, I thought that I was between a ballgown and an A line. The second time I went shopping, I had a really awesome consultant and she found the perfect dress for me based off of what I liked. As soon as she brought my dress into the dressing room, I couldn't take my eyes off it. I never would have thought to try on a fit n flare because I thought it would be too restrictive but it was perfect for me!

Found my dress

Neckline

I love the sweetheart neckline and think it's the best shape for me.

Sleeve

It was a "must have" for me to have a dress with sleeves or straps! My dress didn't have cap sleeves that could be added onto it so we ordered some lace straps from the same designer to go with the dress. I wanted thicker straps for more support.

I Said Yes to the Dress!

Belt or No Belt?

I still wanted to have my purple incorporated so I had to have a purple belt! We actually had one made. (it was so hard to find 2 inch wide ribbon in the right colour!) I think the belt really completes it and I like the contrast of the purple and little bit of sparkle against the lace.

Getting ready

Back

It was backless but we added straps so I guess it gave it a square look.

Train Length

It had a chapel length train which was perfect. It was just enough to have an actual train without being too long to deal with! And it bustled well.

Train

Colour

I went with ivory because it complimented my skin tone. I also think that the ivory underneath made the white lace stand out more.

Details

Lace was an absolute must have! That's what made me fall in love with this dress. I love that it's lace all over and doesn't have any beading to take away from it. I love the lace pattern at the front of the dress and how it flares out from the middle and then down the sides.

Veil

I had rented a short veil to wear for the ceremony but in the confusion of getting ready, we actually forgot to put it on! I realized halfway through the ceremony that I'd forgotten it and I whispered to my husband and he was like "are you ok?!" and I was like "yeah I'm great!" Haha I'm actually glad I forgot it because it would have taken away from my hair and the dress. We did go back afterwards and get a few shots with it.

The hair

The veil

Hope I didn't bore everyone with my dress! The dress is one of my favourite parts of a wedding because I love how it suits each bride's personality and makes her feel the most beautiful she's ever felt so make sure to share yours too!

12 Comments

Latest activity by Samtam, on February 14, 2017 at 12:43
  • Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Aw you're so sweet Lindsey. So excited for you to go dress shopping!!!

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Emilie! Haha I might have to wear it tonight!

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Saaaaam!! That's amazing! I'm so happy to read all about your dress! Smiley love It suited you so well and I truly hope that you'll find a creative way to wear it once more for your FH. Maybe do a Valentine's special tonight? Smiley sexy

• L
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ohhh Sam, so completely gorgeous, goals to strive for!
  • April
    Devoted July 2018 Nova Scotia
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Dress is gorgeous :-))
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow Sam! Beautiful! Thanks for sharing your process!!!!
  • Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hint hint!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The Women of Wedding Wire photoshoot... I like it Smiley winking

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Aw thank you Katherine! Your dress is going to be ready before you know it! I can't wait to see yours all finished too! You have a beautiful dress!

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I appreciate the story line, finding the dress, tailoring to wedding day... It looked amazing on you from the beginning and the polished version fits like a glove... Really excited to see mine "finished"
  • Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would love to! My mom was like "are you going to sell it after the wedding?" before we were even married and I was like "whoa! Let me wear it first!" I like to hang onto things for the memories so I don't think I'll be getting rid of it anytime soon!

And who knows, maybe I'll get to do another photoshoot with it someday! Smiley winking

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You never know... the opportunity may arise to wear it again Smiley winking

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics