Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Frequent user September 2018 New Brunswick

Must have spa treatments

Amanda, on August 16, 2018 at 08:43 Posted in Beauty 0 15
So. I have a Mani Pedi planned for the day before, but feel like I must be missing something. What do you guys consider "must have" spa treatments for the day?

15 Comments

Latest activity by Kobzar, on January 22, 2023 at 10:19
  • Alissa
    Frequent user September 2020 British Columbia
    Alissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I hesitantly shelled out the money for a 'hydrafacial' at my local medical spa. Its a short treatment that differs from a relaxing spa facial that serves to exfoliate, extract the gunk from your pores, and target wrinkles, acne and uneven spots. I'm not the type of person to spend money on anything like this for myself but the results were immediate and AMAZING. I didn't wear face makeup for the next two days and my skin looked so good nobody even noticed. I was glowing in my photos. I will be getting them more often, definitely before my wedding and highly reccomend them to everyone if you can budget for it!
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ll get all of the waxing done (eyebrows+tint, bikini, underarm) a week before going home for the wedding. I’ll probably get a mani/pedi a day or two before the wedding, with my mom and bestie, as well as a massage!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For me, I'm getting my hair colour done 2-3 weeks before so it has time to absorb and settle in my hair. I get gel overlay fills every 3 weeks and will get them done HOPEFULLY 1 week before, might have to be 1 1/2 to 2 weeks. I'm also getting a pedi sometime before the wedding.

I have some time from my wedding to my honeymoon but we won't be at home in Thunder Bay, we'll be in London for a few days. So I might get a fill in London before our honeymoon.

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

LASH EXTENSIONS 100% I'm not fussing with a strip lash and mascara isn't enough drama for photos. Plus you can cry and not worry about it!!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I don't routinely wax, but I have done them all before. No reactions or sensitivities. Thanks though. I know, it's not good to experiment the weeks leading up to your wedding! Haha
  • E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I wouldn’t wax areas you don’t normally get waxed for the first time just before your wedding. If you want to do that I would suggest you do a trial run several months before. You never know how your skin will react.
  • E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wouldn’t go for any facial you don’t normally do a month or so before. You never know what you can react to.

Also i know they say do not get your eyebrows or lip waxed any sooner then a week before your wedding. It will affect how your makeup looks. But I would do eye brows more like 2 weeks before. I get my brows waxed and I have had a couple of times in the last few years where for whatever reason the was actually lifted some skin from under my eyebrows. My skin was red and irritated for days and once it even scabbed a bit. Not something you want on your wedding day.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm gonna get all the things waxed... haha. I never wax, under arms, legs, lips, nothing, just shaving... but we are going on a cruise the day after the wedding, so I'd like to not have to shave for as long as possible... So it'll be the full meal deal, legs, underarms, lip and eyebrows.

Plus a mani/pedi... and making sure my hair colour/cut is done about a week before (no new colours, just a refresher).

Oh yeah, also doing lash extensions. For sure. If I was able to save up for it I was going to get microblading done for my brows as well, but I probably won't be doing that now.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had eyebrow and upper lip waxes the week before and a mani-pedi a few days before.

• Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Freshen up your hair colour for sure. I would consider getting a massage and a facial if there's time!

• Kaitlyn-Anne
    Beginner October 2020 Ontario
    Kaitlyn-Anne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm an registered massage therapist so I definitely recommend a nice relaxing massage even the day before your wedding. I wouldn't do any facial stuff a week prior to the day as your skin may react or start peeling or bring the stuff to the surface. Any hair colour I would probably do like 2 or 3 weeks before so all the excess comes out and your comfortable with the colour. I know my skin get a very irritated from threading or waxing so I probably wouldn't do that any later then 3 or 4 days prior.
  • April
    Frequent user September 2018 Saskatchewan
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have a lot haha. A hair appointment to freshen up my color two weeks before, a massage a week before, a gel nail appointment 3 days before, and a lash fill 2 days before. I don’t usually do lash extensions but my eyelashes are my fav feature on myself so I wanted them to look perfect all day long haha.
  • Kay
    Devoted September 2018 Nova Scotia
    Kay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have a hot stone massage booked for the day before my wedding! I bite my nails terribly so I am also thinking about getting gel/acrylic nails put on so my hands don't look so atrocious for my photos. hah

Also, lip and brow wax. Smiley smile

• Nicole
    Newbie August 2018 Ontario
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Stick with just the nails, you don’t want to be getting any facials or scrubs that can irritate your skin, especially because your having them done the day before the wedding.
  • Rosalyn
    Devoted August 2018 Alberta
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m doing mani/pedi as well. Almost wish I would have booked myself a body scrub/wrap or massage as well

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics