Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kyla
Newbie August 2019 Alberta

Music suggestions for my wedding???

Kyla, on January 31, 2019 at 13:54 Posted in Wedding reception 0 6
Hey Guys!! i'm looking for some music suggestions for the wedding!!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Kathryna, on October 4, 2019 at 08:33
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Making music selection can be based on factors:

Genre

Artist

Group

Culture

These can play a role depending on how you want to mix up the music for your guests to enjoy all kinds of songs.

When choosing our selection, I based it on our families and friends that were attending.

English and Indian were the choices as the DJ took requests too. Only thing I hadn't done was to not have vulgur language songs played.

• Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have 11 pages of "homework " from our DJ. I told him I was feeling overwhelmed with having to choose so many songs. He sent me an email with categories of song suggestions. Our 1st dance, my Dads 1st dance with me, garter toss, walking down the aisle etc. What a huge help! Last night my Dad and I decided on our song and my Parents and I listened to the song I want to walk down the aisle to and loved it. YouTube has lots of Wedding song choices as well.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you looking for ideas on what to play during the ceremony, your big entrance, first dance?

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our playlist is mostly 80s and 90's pop. We're just making our own playlist and renting the equipment to play it.
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations on your engagement! Welcome to the WW community.

At this point in our planning process it’s more “what not to play”. Try compiling that list and having it ready for your DJ or band. As vendors they usually have a song selection process with their couples but if you can be clear on what you DON’T want first that may help them create a vibe that’s more suited to your vision.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Kyla,

Are you looking for band/musicians/Djs or general song suggestions? Below are Wedding Wire suggestions for your area:

Calgary wedding musicians/bands

Calgary wedding DJs

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics