Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Music Monday - share your musical moments and ask for song suggestions HERE!

Joey, on June 1, 2020 at 09:18 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 12

The music you choose for your wedding day can perfectly complement the emotional moments of your wedding. But, there's so many moments that need underscoring! The procession, the recession, entering the reception, cutting the cake, tossing the bouquet, the spotlight dances, the end of the night... How do you choose your special songs?!

Share your song choices and ask your music questions here!

Music Monday - share your musical moments and ask for song suggestions HERE! 1

Photo from Blythe and Maia's wedding in Caledon, Ontario

12 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on June 6, 2020 at 20:20
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The first dance song was chosen by us both based on the liking of the same once gone through a dozen songs. The wedding ceremony and reception entrance songs were chosen by myself as it was Indian Bollywood. The thought of Mother/Sons dance was also special for us.

First Dance - Truly Madly Deeply (Savage Gardens)

Mother/Sons - A Mother's Song (Jim Brickman)

• Kristen
    Devoted May 2021 British Columbia
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow that would have been such an emotional dance! Such a special thing to have. Im sure there were many years she. My mom would have lost it! Haha

I was so excited to surprise my mom with the dance in August but we had to move to May. I dont know how much longer i can go without blurbing it out to her by accident :p
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's just one of those "gets ya right in the feels" type of songs Smiley heart

I also danced with my Mom Smiley smile Just didn't list the song since it was a waltz that my Grandpa (Mom's Dad) had composed for me titled "Tori's Waltz" back when he was alive. Had to get it transferred from a cassette tape to a USB stick - but it was so worth it Smiley laugh (Have the music sheets and copyrights somewhere.... just don't know where...)

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're still figuring out most of our music (especially now that we've postponed) but we did recently decide on our processional songs and I'm pretty exited about it.

We're pretty big fans of the musical RENT so we're going to have our wedding party walk down the aisle to Seasons of Love, and it will change to a slightly trimmed down version of I'll Cover You (Reprise) for my entrance

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Just wondering, are you a Disney fan? 🤣

Haha, love the song choices. I'm working Can You Feel the Love Tonight into ours.
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah for Stealing Cinderella! Same first time I ever heard it. It is my dad and I 100%!

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We chose a list of our fav songs. songs that have meaning to us and that we thought our guests would enjoy

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Here’s our music list:

Processional: an instrumental of “I See the Light” from Tangled. It is hands down my favourite Disney song. The first time I ever heard it I said I wanted to walk down the aisle to it.
    Signing the licence: we originally weren’t planning to have music for this but out DJ said that people would start talking during this moment if we didn’t play something and he suggested and instrumental of “Beauty and the Beast” so we went with that.
    Recessional: “Happily Ever After” by Jordan Fisher and Angie K. This is the song that plays during the Magic Kingdom fireworks at Disney World.
    First Dance: “Bless the Broken Road” by Rascal Flatts. They are my favourite band and this is my favourite song of their’s.
    Father/daughter dance: “Stealing Cinderella” by Chuck Wicks. I knew this would be the song the first time I heard it years ago.
    Mother/son dance: “into the Mystic” by Van Morrison. It’s one of my mother in law’s favourite songs.
    Bouquet Toss: “Man I Feel Like a Woman” by Shania Twain. I love this song, so fun.
    Garter toss: “the Boys are Back in Town” by Thin Lizzy.
  • Kristen
    Devoted May 2021 British Columbia
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh my goodness. That slow down song is what i am surprising my mom with at the wedding (She really wanted a dance with me too). She cries every time I play it also my daughter will be 2.5 at the wedding and I want to dance with her too because I bawl thinking about her getting bigger Smiley cry

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I must have played 137 songs for Tay before we settled on a first dance song! You've Got the Love by Florence and the Machine 😍 he wanted something faster than a lot of the songs I was finding and we sort of stumbled upon it.
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love this discussion!

FH and I are curating all our music for the evening and we have been working hard on it for sure. There were definitely some song choices that were always going to be apart of our day so...

For our ceremony we wanted to go with something that reflected fun and our personalities but also including some classic romantic music:

- FH Mom and FH aisle: Iron Maiden Hallowed Be They Name

- Wedding Party: Bruno Mars - Marry You

- FoB and Myself: Pachelbel - Canon in D

- Signing: Josh Groban - When You Say You Love Me

- We are including a Baumstamm Sägen so for this we have : Survivor - Eye of the Tiger (just the beginning bit)

- Recessional: The Beatles - All You Need is Love

And then the other noteworthy songs for the evening:

Grand Entrance: Walk the Moon - Shut Up and Dance (FH & I had an evening of dancing in his kitchen early on in dating and there was just a moment with this song where I just KNEW I was going to spend forever with this man Smiley heart)

Father of the Bride Speech: My dad is a musician and more comfortable singing/playing then giving a speech so he is going to sing Elvis Presley Can't Help Falling in Love With You for FH and I. My dad and I have always shared a love of Elvis!

Father/Daughter Dance: Chuck Wicks - Stealing Cinderella

And last but not least First Dance: Christina Perri, Steve Kazee - A Thousand Years

Outside of this we are curating so many other wonderful sings from pre ceremony to closing out the night! Its been so much fun.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Husband (& Mom) walk down the aisle: I've Got The World On A String - Frank Sinatra (DH's choice)

Wedding party walk down the aisle: First Day Of My Life - Bright Eyes (My choice - just searched for processional songs online and this one stood out because we both listened to it growing up)

Wife (& Parents) walk down the aisle: Lover - Taylor Swift (My choice - just came out the summer prior to our wedding and it hit word for word. As in; "I've loved you three summers now, honey, but I want 'em all". Which we have known eachother for 3 summers... and now I get them all!)

Everybody walking out of ceremony: Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours) - Stevie Wonder (Joint choice - wanted something uplifting and bright!)

Entrance to Reception for wedding party & us: All You Need Is Love - The Beatles (Joint choice - goes well with our hashtag of #LoveIsDollYouNeed)

First Dance: Green Eyes - Coldplay (My choice which he at first said no to, then a year later he suggested it as if I didn't already a year prior... First song he learned to play on guitar for me, and yes, I have green eyes Smiley tongue )

Mother & Son / Father & Daughter: Slow Down - Nichole Nordeman (My choice and MIL's choice - I found this a year and a half before the wedding and me and my Dad agreed it was perfect, then when we went to go over the list of songs with our DJ she let slip that the song my MIL wanted to surprise my DH with was the exact same one my Dad and I already picked out!)

Bouquet Toss: Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It) - Beyoncé (My choice - gotta have fun)

Garter Retrieval/Toss: U Can't Touch This - MC Hammer (My choice - he didn't really care, he just wanted to go under my dress Smiley tongue )

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics