Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Shanabri
Beginner May 2020 Ontario

Music

Shanabri, on March 15, 2020 at 18:43 Posted in Wedding reception 0 7
We're not dancers and didn't want to hire a DJ or band and plan on making a playlist for background noise.

Any tips on making an enjoyable playlist?

7 Comments

Latest activity by The Thomas', on April 1, 2020 at 16:11
  • The Thomas'
    Newbie April 2020 Massachusetts
    The Thomas' ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Create a playlist on itunes or ur fav app.

let it play while the wedding takes place.

• Carly
    Frequent user May 2022 British Columbia
    Carly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did a post about this a while ago titled “music idea playlist”. I found songs from each decade reaching back from the 50’s all the way up to current. I also gave each song a number to what I felt would fit into which area: cocktail hour, dinner, dance floor opens (all ages still present) and late night dancing (more club like songs that I don’t think grandma would appreciate :b)
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're putting a line on our RSVPs asking for song requests, plus we will add our favorites and songs we know are crowd pleasers.

Spotify has some premade playlists that you could use or borrow songs from. It's nice to use them as a jumping off point.
  • Shanabri
    Shanabri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was initially worried about trying to use Spotify but I feel better knowing people have used it successfully!
    Thanks for your input!
  • Shanabri
    Shanabri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awesome!
    I've started scanning Spotify for ideas!
    I'm also having my sister on music duty to help make any transitions and volume adjustments for the evening.
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've made my playlist on Spotify. The things you should keep in mind is your audience and the time in the evening. Typically you'll want the "oldies" or typical wedding crowd pleasers to play earlier in the night since that's when the elder crowd will still be there. Then you can transition to a more club or modern vibe of music as the evening progresses.
    I was also very careful with how I transitioned from fast to slow and back to fast songs, which are called valleys. So you don't want a super fast song to go right to a slow one, instead have an in between paced song.
    But if you don't want to start from scratch, like Shannon said, Spotify has some playlists that you can just play, or you can take certain songs from each and make your own. Whatever you like!We're also having a "song request" space on our RSVPs so that guests can get excited when their requested song comes on, so I made sure to leave some room for those too.
  • S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Shanabri,

Spotify has many wedding playlist already create that you can use. Also you could create you own playlist on Spotify. There are many couples that use Spotify and things turned out well.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics