Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amyfanggg
Frequent user April 2018 Ontario

Music

Amyfanggg, on February 10, 2018 at 23:07 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 4
I am having a real hard time with music.
How long does it take for the wedding party to walk down the aisle? and how long does it REALLY take for dad and I to walk down the aisle? My song is "How long will I love you" by Ellie Goulding, and I reallllllly don't think I'll need 2:34 min to finish walking down the aisle. It makes it so hard to cut the song!
And what other "events" in the wedding do I need to pick music for? I thought I had it all ready and now I'm freaking out

4 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on February 12, 2018 at 09:30
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it is better to have a song that is too long than too short. I used the same song for my BMs walking down the aisle as my mum and I. The groom and groomsmen were already at the front. You could always try it out at your rehearsal.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The length of bridal party depends and the length of the aisle. Add an another song if needed. Have you also got music for after the ceremony?
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm using the same song! We will be testing it out at the rehearsal. Our plan will be to fade it out, ideally at the end of the chorus, so we may play it for a few seconds before we start walking down.

For the wedding party, we are doing instrumental, so it can be faded easier.

For other ceremony music, we chose prelude and postlude songs. As well as the recessional for the wedding party. And a song during the signing of the register.

For the reception, we chose the song our wedding party is walking into the reception with, and a song for us to walk in to. We are also choosing our first dance song and the mother/son, father/daughter dances (if we end up doing this).

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You'll only really need music for the processional and recessional. The rest should be managed by your DJ.

I think it's better to have a song that is too long, than too short. Especially when walking down the aisle. So if the song is too long, you can fade it down instead of just cutting it short with a hard stop. That way, it would make for a better transition with your officiant's welcome statement.

The fading could also be used if your wedding party will be walking down the aisle on a different song than yours!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics