Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Moving after marriage

Joey, on January 9, 2020 at 09:05 Posted in Living together 0 10

Once you and your significant other get married, will you be moving? Are one or both of you headed to a new town? A new province? Will you move into your first home together? Or will you be taking a cue from the Duke and Duchess of Sussex and moving abroad together? (They're headed to Canada, btw!)

Share whether you will be moving after marriage!

Moving after marriage 1

Photo by Chris Jensen Studios in Winnipeg

10 Comments

Latest activity by Nelly+Raquel, on April 17, 2022 at 17:48
  • N
    Curious June 2023 Ontario
    Nelly+Raquel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Once we are married we will be moving to a new city. Our parents livrinho different cities and both of us have long commutes now. Once we are married we will be moving into our new house and have no commute time
  • Heidi
    Frequent user July 2020 British Columbia
    Heidi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Idk if we should move into my place or his..
    I pay 1500 and live in a 400sq 1bedroom apt.
    He pays 1200 but lives in a 800sq 2bedroom apt (with a roommate).He has a den that he uses for work that we wouldnt have at my place, but.. how do you feel about moving in with a roommate?* Rent would go up for him once I move in cuz of double occupancy, dont know how much yet, maybe 200-400.Thoughts?
  • Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We also bought a house before we got engaged... so not moving on our end lol
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Will not be moving right after but hoping to buy our first home together roughly a year after being married!

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We own a condo already so were not moving anywhere LOL!

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We bought a house about a year before we got engaged.
    After the wedding we're hoping to renovate our kitchen, so maybe it will look and feel like a new house!
  • Heidi
    Frequent user July 2020 British Columbia
    Heidi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We dont know what to do! We live a block away from eachother, I live on my own and he has a roommate. We have lived at our places for years now so rent cant increase much for us, but my place is a bit too small for us and his roommate is the one on the lease at his place. Finding somewhere new now means spending about double of what I pay on a place thats about the same as mine.
    Do we adjust to my apt? Do we spend more money so its our place and not him moving in?
  • M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have lived together for 17 years. This is our second house and we've been here for almost 10 years. I am pretty settled here and have no interest in moving anytime soon.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Financial is the biggest thing to consider or a job offer that comes along to be relocated needs thoughtful consideration and talked through to know if that is the right move. We have not moved out of the country due to family living in North America (Canada & U.S.A.).

We did live together way before getting married as did my cousin with her fiancé from New Jersey to Boston. Its more common than ever unless the parents decide its tradition that needs to be followed.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We moved in together about a year before marriage Smiley smile We were both living at home (me because I was 20 and him because in his job it involves a lot of out of province work which means it didn't make sense to rent a place that he wasn't going to be living in) so when we got engaged we bought a starter house in the neighbourhood right next to our goal neighbourhood. Plan on moving over after our 5 years in this house though!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics