Skip to main content

Living together

Join group

Living together can be a real adventure and it's always good to have a place where you can talk about it. Learn to live together, make your house a home, and deal with other household things... in this group, you'll find it all!

members

Discussions

Order by:
Last comment
  • Last comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Kate
House Projects/purchases for home as a married couple!
Kate, On August 29, 2023 at 08:06

For anyone who is married, what has been your first project together as a married couple or first big purchase together for your home as a married couple? My husband and I have been living together...

Amanda, tuesday 26-Mar-24 1 28
Leah
Who decides on the art that hangs in your home?
Leah, On December 18, 2018 at 15:13

Who decides on the art that hangs in your home - You? Your significant other? Is it a 50/50 selection process? What's your favourite non-wedding photo photo/art in your home? My FH moved into my...

Dmitri, thursday 21-Mar-24 20 208
Kelly
Buying a Home
Kelly, On October 16, 2019 at 10:49

We've lived together for years now, and we've always been renters. We're starting to think about buying our first home together, and we're super excited to be looking for a place that will be ours!...

Roman, sunday 17-Mar-24 13 342
Sinéad
Have you figured out where you’ll live?
Sinéad, On December 9, 2019 at 09:05

Have you thought about where you will live after the “I dos”,? Do you already live together, or will you move in together for the first time after you are married? Are you moving somewhere brand new...

Matilda, thursday 28-Sep-23 18 133
Tunisha
Lived with your partner before wedding or after?
Tunisha, On September 14, 2021 at 20:20

Hello Beautiful People! 👋🏾 Hope you all are doing just fine and having a great wedding planning or living a fairytale ending. 😂😁 Have you and your SO lived together before the wedding? If so, what...

Rebecca, monday 10-Oct-22 18 189
Joey
What's your favourite way to spend a weekend with your partner?
Joey, On March 3, 2018 at 14:05

You made it to another weekend! How are you spending time with your special someone this weekend? Will you two do any planning together? What's your favourite way to spend a weekend with your partner?...

Freya, monday 25-Jul-22 8 97
Joey
Bills and chores - how do you split up household duties?
Joey, On February 16, 2019 at 14:05

Adulting takes a lot of work! In your house, how are tasks split? Is one person in charge of finances and bills? Do you have separate chores you each take care of? Is one person master of the...

Nelly+Raquel, sunday 17-Apr-22 12 1,171
Jessica
Is it weird to assume my fiance's name before getting married?
Jessica, On September 18, 2018 at 17:32

Hi all, just a quick question: would it be odd if i started using my fiance's last name socially before we got married? I won't legally change it until we're married, but we just went common-law and i...

Nelly+Raquel, sunday 17-Apr-22 14 928
Joey
Moving after marriage
Joey, On January 9, 2020 at 09:05

Once you and your significant other get married, will you be moving? Are one or both of you headed to a new town? A new province? Will you move into your first home together? Or will you be taking a...

Nelly+Raquel, sunday 17-Apr-22 10 128
Sinéad
When did you move in together?
Sinéad, On November 18, 2019 at 09:05

What a big and exciting step! When did you and your future spouse decide that it was time to live together? Was it an easy decision? When did you guys move in together? Next Question: When did you get...

Nelly+Raquel, sunday 17-Apr-22 20 257 1
Amanda
Describe your relationship with a song!
Amanda, On January 11, 2021 at 16:23

Hi Brides & Grooms, It has been a rough time these last few months, and I know a lot of people are getting discouraged, but I want to bring some fun, and positivity back! Tell me about you &...

Nelly+Raquel, sunday 17-Apr-22 3 65
Joey
Tell us about your relationship - When did/will you move in together?
Joey, On January 8, 2018 at 08:05

This week's quiz is all about love! I can't think of a better way to start off the new year than by celebrating the amazing relationships that bring you all here When did you, or when will you, move...

Nelly+Raquel, sunday 17-Apr-22 32 214
Alyssa
Change surname
Alyssa, On February 4, 2021 at 16:47

Hi everyone. When I change my surname do I notify the cra? I only want to assume his last name not legally change it. We are getting married in October. Just wondering about the legalities of this

Alyssa, monday 17-Jan-22 8 169
Emilie
Do you play video games together?
Emilie, On December 12, 2016 at 16:05

Hi future brides and grooms Each couple has their own thing... Something they love to do together! Do you play video games together? Would you have a video game wedding theme?

Rosalyn, saturday 11-Dec-21 15 185 1
Joey
A Few Of Our Favourite Things - TV Show To Binge-Watch Together
Joey, On March 25, 2019 at 08:05

When you and your SO snuggle up on the couch together for a tv marathon, what's your go-to show? What do you like to watch together? Photo by Emily Schutz Photography in Edmonton >>Next...

Samantha, friday 29-Oct-21 37 190
Joey
A Few Of Our Favourite Things - Things to Cook
Joey, On March 25, 2019 at 08:05

What's your favourite meal to make with your SO? Do you do a lot of cooking together? What do you make together? Or does one of you have all the culinary skills to regularly dazzle the other? What...

Samantha, friday 29-Oct-21 30 139
Hank
What to do when someone gives you stuff you already have?
Hank, On May 5, 2021 at 20:29

For those who received house warming gifts, what do you do when someone gifts you an item or appliance you already have (and don't want to part with) but didn't give you a gift receipt? Do you tell...

Vinod, thursday 27-May-21 2 70
Tori
Anybody from 2019 still around? - Updates?
Tori, On September 29, 2020 at 16:42

Hello ladies - For those who don't know/remember me; I'm Tori, got married in October 2019, and as my 1st wedding anniversary is approaching I'm wondering how all of the women I was conversing with on...

Amelia, monday 28-Dec-20 19 218
Kelsie
Home Sweet Home!
Kelsie, On November 12, 2019 at 14:33

My FH and I are looking to buy our first home together this winter (excited but also screaming on the inside because... adulting!) Right now, we live separately as his family is Catholic and believes...

Арафен, wednesday 21-Oct-20 19 180
Emilie
Couple gift/anniversary tradition
Emilie, On July 5, 2020 at 23:20

FH and I always go to a pottery studio and paint a piece on our dating anniversary. With the wedding this year we decided to use the tradition to make gifts for each other for the wedding day and then...

Jasmine, thursday 10-Sep-20 3 116
Donna
Almost one Year
Donna, On May 3, 2020 at 09:48

Daniel & I We have almost been married one year July 6th, 2019. Well I finally got my name changed. Were thinking about going to a Bed & Breakfast place, that's not happening, wanted to go to...

Turazenko, wednesday 9-Sep-20 3 95
Kim
90 Days Out!
Kim, On July 12, 2020 at 20:03

It's 90 days until our wedding! That means that my FH is now my 90 Day Fiance! And now we're going to settle in and watch the trashy TV show of the same name! I find this tremendously amusing but am...

Vinod, monday 13-Jul-20 1 54
Joey
Pet parenting - do you and your spouse have the same ideas about pets?
Joey, On June 18, 2018 at 08:40

Moving in together provides many more changes and challenges than just figuring out who does the chores. Are you and your partner on the same page about pets? Do you like the same kind? Have you...

Emma, friday 1-May-20 9 110
Caitlyn
Self isolation with and without your partner
Caitlyn, On April 9, 2020 at 22:16

The current Corona Virus situation has been leading couples to spend a lot more time apart or a lot more time together. My husband has been working from home and I have been off work due to the virus...

Vinod, friday 10-Apr-20 2 78
Joey
When did you and your SO get a pet together?
Joey, On October 20, 2018 at 14:05

How long were you are your partner together before you decided to become pet parents? How did you decide the time was right? Did either of you bring pets with you into the relationship? Do everyone's...

Amelia, sunday 26-Jan-20 15 127
Rayanne
Is there a habit your FS has/had that you felt was a deal breaker?
Rayanne, On November 11, 2019 at 19:00

I know that if I come home and it's been an extremely tiring day I'm very quiet. My FH would think that I was angry or that something was wrong. He would get annoyed when I avoided conversation. I...

Rayanne, friday 22-Nov-19 9 92
Robyn
Best thing about moving in with your partner?
Robyn, On April 8, 2019 at 22:48

Hey all! To stop myself from stressing out about wedding stuff, I am focusing on how awesome it will be to finally live with my FH. Because of our traditional families, we live separately, but we have...

Geneviève, thursday 7-Nov-19 17 231
Joey
Fiancé(e) Friday - your first home together
Joey, On August 16, 2019 at 08:05

Tell us the story of your first home with your partner. How did you decide it was time to move in together? Did you choose the house or apartment together? What did/do you love about your first home?...

Geneviève, thursday 7-Nov-19 7 72
A
Moving Countries
Anna, On September 7, 2019 at 01:43

So I am relocating to Ireland be with my fiance once we get married. Anyone have any tips/experience/stories on downsizing/moving abroad/decluttering? We will have a very small place there!

Geneviève, thursday 7-Nov-19 5 78
Brittany
Registering for "stuff"... What's asking too much?
Brittany, On April 6, 2018 at 14:17

My fiance and I have been living together for 5 years (together only a little longer than that). We have accumulated so much stuff, we have to purge from time to time. For our wedding, we are...

Ashley, monday 16-Sep-19 25 289
Stephanie
Living Together!
Stephanie, On February 19, 2019 at 08:09

Good morning everyone! I know I have seen a bunch of times on here how long couples have lived together before marriage! As a bride myself who is waiting until marriage to live together, I want to...

Missa, thursday 25-Jul-19 34 554 1
Elaine
is it ok to stay in two appartments after marriage?
Elaine, On August 11, 2016 at 11:51

Hi all! i really like my appartment i have everything in there... it was the little home i built for myself when i first arrived in this city where i didnt know anyone. my fw and i have been talking...

Melissa, friday 14-Jun-19 9 149

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics