Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sara
Devoted November 2017 Ontario

Mother son dance songs?

Sara, on June 3, 2017 at 10:10 Posted in Wedding reception 0 5

Hi guys! What are you guys doing for the mother son dance songs? I am trying to find a good song but my FH is being kind of difficult about choosing one. Any ideas for some good ones?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 10, 2018 at 12:00
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A Mother's Song by Jim Brickman is the best one we liked
  • Marissa
    Curious August 2017 British Columbia
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance is using "Somewhere over the rainbow" it was a song that his mom used to sing to him when he was little. Maybe ask your FH if there are any songs that were special to him and his mom? I think tempo doesn't matter so much as whether or not its meaningful to both of them? And if he does have a song like that with his mom I think it will be really special for her to have it come on without know about the song choice ahead of time.

• Sara
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Erin! They definitely can be so difficult, aha. I had thought that we picked one, "My Wish" by Rascal Flats, but he has now vetoed it. I just wish we could agree, aha.

• Erin
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Sara, I am kind of in the same boat with my FH, guys can be so difficult sometimes lol! I think we have narrowed it down to "You Raise me Up" by Josh Groban, it seems pretty fitting and i think his mom will love it. I honestly just googled "Mother/Son wedding songs" and found a bunch!

• Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Sara, Happy to read your discussion. Maybe this list can give you some inspiration: Mother- son dance songs also the other brides can give you inspiration: Mother/son dance - Mother/ son dance. I hope this helps. Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics