Sara
Devoted November 2017 Ontario

Mother son dance songs?

Sara, on 3/June/2017 at 10:10 Posted in Wedding reception

Hi guys! What are you guys doing for the mother son dance songs? I am trying to find a good song but my FH is being kind of difficult about choosing one. Any ideas for some good ones?

Share:

5 Comments

• Vinod
    Featured August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    A Mother's Song by Jim Brickman is the best one we liked
  • Marissa
    Curious August 2017 British Columbia
    Marissa ·

My fiance is using "Somewhere over the rainbow" it was a song that his mom used to sing to him when he was little. Maybe ask your FH if there are any songs that were special to him and his mom? I think tempo doesn't matter so much as whether or not its meaningful to both of them? And if he does have a song like that with his mom I think it will be really special for her to have it come on without know about the song choice ahead of time.

• Sara
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Sara ·

Hey Erin! They definitely can be so difficult, aha. I had thought that we picked one, "My Wish" by Rascal Flats, but he has now vetoed it. I just wish we could agree, aha.

• Erin
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·

Hey Sara, I am kind of in the same boat with my FH, guys can be so difficult sometimes lol! I think we have narrowed it down to "You Raise me Up" by Josh Groban, it seems pretty fitting and i think his mom will love it. I honestly just googled "Mother/Son wedding songs" and found a bunch!

• Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·

Hi Sara, Happy to read your discussion. Maybe this list can give you some inspiration: Mother- son dance songs also the other brides can give you inspiration: Mother/son dance - Mother/ son dance. I hope this helps. Smiley heart

Comment on this discussion

Related articles