Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tammy
Beginner December 2022 Ontario

Mother/daughter Dance

Tammy, on July 18, 2019 at 13:11 Posted in Wedding reception 0 8

My mother will be walking me down the aisle and just battled cancer, needless to say I will be doing a mother/daughter dance, proudly. I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions for songs though. I've heard Carrie Underwood's "Mama's Song" and Martina McBride's "In my daughter's eyes", along with a few others, but wondering if there's any other songs some of you may also know about and can suggest. Thanks!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Allison, on July 19, 2019 at 19:22
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This song is on of my favs
  • Taylor
    Devoted October 2021 Alberta
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If i was going to do the dances my mother/daughter choice was going to be mamas song. it just makes me cry everytime haha. Even go on youtube and look up mother daughter songs. Congrats to you for the engagement and to her for beating cancer

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes to your mom winning that battle! I have to agree with Alison, I hope you dance is a wonderful song, I also like Because you loved me by Celine Dion.

• Tammy
    Tammy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Allison, that's a good tear-jerker too! I think about my own daughter when I hear that song (I hope you dance). Damn, I'm tearing up just thinking about it. lol

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think Mama's song would be perfect for you!!

I hope you dance by Lee Ann Womack would also work well!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ahhh, ya I guess that would make sense - I'm 21 so my parents really are wanting me to slow down (Not about the wedding but growing up in general rather) Smiley tongue

• Tammy
    Tammy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Tori. That's a beautiful song, but we're both in our 40s and never been married before. Both our sets of parents have been on our cases to get on with it and settle down already. lol. I hope you have a gorgeous day! (the next few months will FLY by!)

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The song that I'm using for the Father/Daughter dance (but could be used for literally any parent/kid dance) is Slow Down by Nichole Nordeman

Mother/daughter Dance

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics