Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Master July 2018 Alberta

Most popular time to get engaged

Stephanie, on December 26, 2017 at 02:11 Posted in WeddingWire 0 38

I heard on the radio, that the most popular time to get engaged is between December 14 and February 14.

Who all got engaged in this time frame?

I did not.

38 Comments

Latest activity by Emma, on May 23, 2018 at 15:31
  • Emma
    Beginner October 2019 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He asked me on Devember 19th 2017. He was going to originally do it on christmas day because its my favourite day of the year. December 19th is his moms birthday! He chose that day because 28 years ago my father in law proposed to my mother in law on his (FIL) mother's birthday and my fiance wanted to follow suit! I hope in the future our kids follow this!

• Surina
    Frequent user March 2018 Ontario
    Surina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got engaged on july 5th after he asked my mom for her blessing.

• Missa
    Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got engaged in May 2017 in Niagara Falls ! Smiley smile It's where his parents had gone for their honeymoon 42 years ago! It was definitely a surprise! Smiley smile

• Kayla
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is what my husband said too.

We got engaged on November 19th 2016 at the Florida Georgia Line concert lol.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I got engaged at the end of June. He had the ring for months before that, and was waiting for nicer weather to propose outdoors. I know many who have gotten engaged over that time period though, definitely the peak time!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There isn't a popular time per say tp get engaged. There may be popular holidays though that couples will be proposd on. Christmas, birthdays, Valentine's day, anniversary (time you met), etc.
  • Olivia
    Curious January 2019 Ontario
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We decided to get married in November, but he surprised me and got down on one knee and did an official proposal on December 12th. It’s kinda nice to have other people to share the joy with; I don’t have to worry about talking too much wedding because everyone is!
  • Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got engaged June 29th, 2017 at the top of the high roller in Las Vegas. As in 2014 the first year we were together he took me to Vegas for my birthday and took me on the high roller and made it memorable by sweeping me off my feet and kissing me at the very top during the day. He topped it by proposing to me at night. He had the ring for awhile too and even got it through security without me knowing. I'm glad he proposed when he did. We have 3 friends on our wedding party (2 of which are a couple) get engaged over Christmas a day apart. I know someone else that proposed to their fiance on Christmas as well.

• Sashanette
    Curious April 2019 Ontario
    Sashanette ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got engaged November 6, 2017. Apparently he had the ring for a while and was just waiting for the right time. When I came home miserable that day, he just asked me. It was such a random momentit took me a while to take it in. Lol
  • Nicole
    Newbie August 2018 British Columbia
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got engaged August 18, 2017 on an over night hike just the 2 of us. I am so glad he didn't do it over the holidays.

• Summer
    Devoted May 2019 Ontario
    Summer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH had planned to propose on my birthday - November 23rd but the ring didn’t come in time so he proposed on Christmas Day after we had already done gifts and were about to eat dinner with my family.
  • Stephanie
    Beginner May 2019 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Lots of my friends got engaged over Christmas holidays. I think in the last two years about 4 have. I got engaged June 23, 2017 in the mountains.
  • Megan
    Beginner October 2021 Saskatchewan
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I could Definitely see that time frame being popular just because of Christmas and valentines day! But I got engaged on November 14, 2017!Smiley smile

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got engaged December 25, 2016. Apparently he was going to propose on vacation in January or something originally but was afraid of either losing the ring or me finding it. I don't mind at all that he proposed on Christmas or during the most popular time. I think he did it because it felt right.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH refused to propose on a holiday (xmas, NYE, Valentine’s Day), he said he wanted to make it ultra special for both of us. So he surprised me by proposing on our 6-year anniversary, in April.
  • Alanah
    Frequent user July 2018 British Columbia
    Alanah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got engaged on December 26th because of something big that happened on that day for us. If it wasn't an important date he probably would have waited until our anniversary in April
  • Carmela
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Carmela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got engaged on our ten year anniversary, October 28, 2017. He took to Mount Royal park in Montreal, it was amazing!!
  • M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nope, it was September 11 in our case. I will never forget this day obsiously!
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were March 4 so also outside of this range, our holidays are way to hectic to plan something on the side Smiley tongue
  • Shay
    Frequent user February 2019 British Columbia
    Shay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Dec 21st!

I dont know his rationale behind the date, guess it just felt right. But definitely made the holidays more magical! We were talking about how it brought back some of the magic like how christmas felt as kids. ❤❤
  • Breanna
    Curious October 2019 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Breanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It was very unexpected, I honestly didnt even clue in that it was like our first date till it happened lol, definietly an amazing experience, I'd like to relive it each anniversary!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's super cute! I've been wanting to do our first date again for awhile! Hasn't happened yet though--maybe one day!

• Breanna
    Curious October 2019 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Breanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got engaged December 13! We were in distance for a few months due to schooling so my last few days there he flew out and relived our first date, even rained like it did, then he proposed in the spot we had our first kiss.
  • H
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Hj ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It makes sense. Vacations are popular times to propose and lots of people literally only get time off this time of year. With how expensive the holidays often are too, making the ring a gift instead of having to buy twice makes things affordable. It's very practical.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was the same way! Although, his proposal didn't end up being creative, but it wasn't close to a holiday or other special day at all.

• Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    October 20. So we fall out of that range. But I threatened FH that if he proposed to me on another eventful day (holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, etc.) that I’d tell him no. Lol. I know it’s kinda rude, but I gave him warning. I just wanted him to be creative and I wanted our engagement to be it’s own special day.
  • Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    April 28th, just about 2 months after we moved in together!
  • Karen
    Curious July 2018 Alberta
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got engaged Dec 25 of 2016
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    October 26 on vacation lol

I feel like most people get engaged on vacation (at least the people I know!).
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Got engaged Oct 9, 2016 Smiley smile while away on vacation

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't get engaged in December (We got engaged in June).

I have always said I didn't want a fall/December proposal because:

- Both our birthdays are in the fall

- Christmas.

I figured there was enough stuff to celebrate around then.

However, every single one of our friends seems to have gotten engaged in December. I can't think of anyone who didn't actually.

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Surprisingly no!! We were in engaged in May!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics