Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Most Likely To Bring Up Exes

Joey, on October 22, 2018 at 08:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 16

Regardless of how long you've been with your special someone, for some reason weddings can start people reminiscing about your past relationships - especially during the Best Man or Maid of Honor speeches! Can you picture someone mentioning your exes, or your partner's exes?

Who do you think is most likely to bring up exes on your wedding day?

Most Likely To Bring Up Exes 1

Photo from Phyllis's wedding on The Office from Pinterest

>>Click here to go to the next question, Most Likely To Leave First

>>Click here to go back to the first post of this game

16 Comments

Latest activity by Rachael, on November 1, 2018 at 16:00
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Probably one of my friends as I wasn’t big on introducing boyfriends to my family (not that there were many anyway).
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No one. My husband was the first guy I dated and he hadn't dated anyone seriously in 10 years so there was no one to bring up.

• Andrea
    Devoted January 2021 Ontario
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Most likely FMIL!! I don't know, I can't imagine anyone else doing this.. are we talking in terms of speeches? Then no one would be that disrespectful to do that, but maybe mentioning them at the reception or something, then yeah I could see FMIL doing that.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Probablt nobody, we have been together for over 6 years. Exes are way in the past.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hmmm probably my sister if someone had to bring up people I dated before I met FH.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No one thankfully.
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Either of my two oldest friends who are coming. They dont mean it badly, though, it's more of a "look how well you've done!"
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My sister in law. She lacks tact and is best friends with my FH's ex. Which, the 3 of us are all grown ups about. But she likes to embarrass her brother, so we all have to sit around dismissing the joke after an appropriate lengthed laugh. Its awkward.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I hope no one. None of my exs were really that good... I have a feeling there may be some general comments, but no specific referrals

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No one. My exes are not well known or remembered and my fiancé has no exes so that’s an easy one to avoid!
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No one. My FH and I each only have 1 major "ex", and no one would mention them. We've also been together 6 years, so our exes are distant, distant memories. (We got together at ages 20 and 22)

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My MOH already asked about appropriate topics and I told her to not mention any exes (she knows one of them but they haven't spoken since the break-up). I'm sure my FH's best woman won't mention exes either, she has good judgement.

I'm pretty sure no exes will be mentioned.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I can't think of anyone, tbh. We don't have a wedding party and our speeches will be kept short, so I can't imagine anyone doing that.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    One of the groomsmen, probably the best man. If that were to happen I'd actually be so mad. I don't really care if it's just saying "oh Holly is so much better then (ex)" or something along those lines. I'd especially be mad when the best man is doing what I know is going to be an extremely inappropriate speech, if he brings up something up like one of those "remember when" moments.
  • K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I really don't think anyone would bring up am ex
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

His best men in their speech? Or me... I don't have any exes so it would have to be stories from his closest friends or family in their speeches - or me saying how clearly his past exes were nothing compared to me. And yes, he does want to invite an ex.... I really don't care how long ago they were together - still don't like the thought of her being there.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics