Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Clare
Frequent user August 2021 Manitoba

moh proposal

Clare, on September 4, 2020 at 14:21 Posted in DIY 0 16
Hey brides, I’m thinking of doing a MOH proposal , any ideas if what I can put in the box? I Saw some ideas on Pinterest but I don’t want to over-spend

moh proposal 1

16 Comments

Latest activity by Jamie, on October 26, 2020 at 14:27
  • Jamie
    Frequent user June 2022 British Columbia
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think candles, bath stuff, wine, jewelry is always nice to receive. I personally didn't do the box as it is an expense. I will however be giving my MOH and bridesmaids a nice bracelet or earrings to wear on my wedding day. I proposed to my sister to be my MOH with a nice bottle of wine and a label saying "will you be my MOH?" She appreciated it

• Kim
    Devoted June 2022 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I really wasn't into the boxes for my ladies, so I got them a Cameo from their favourite TLC stars. They absolutely loved it! Having a personalized message from people they watch on TV was so much fun and they can't stop talking about it.

Since I only have two bridesmaids, it really cost me about the same (if not less) to do it this way - they were only $30 each! So much more unique.

• Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Https://moonrockbling.com/collections/free-shipping-sale/products/dried-flower-necklace

This is what I bought because the girls. I wear my necklace a lot and it’s holding up but there’s a few really nice ones on the free section. I would have bought the bar necklaces if they had been free at the time
  • Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think you could totally copycat that package but like use a really cute micheals box that’s $3 (shoebox size) and just print the question instead of on the box..
    And fill it with some of that squigly paper stuffing.. and there’s actually some super cute small candles in dollar tree atm in a bunch of fancy shapes but small.. So a small candle instead of a big one?

You’re at like $6 so far
    There’s a company I ordered necklaces from that actually seems to be ok quality! I bought a tester necklace a while back and it’s in great shape. It’s from a free but pay shipping company. Each necklace was $5 (I’ll add a link for you to peek at). So now it’s $11 potentially.. And then maybe some fancy tea and teacup or coffee and coffee mug? Definitely under $30

• Maria
    Beginner September 2021 Ontario
    Maria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi There,

Our intention was to have a destination wedding. We go to Cuba every year with some friends. So This year I took advantage of asking my friend in Cuba to by my MOH. I've attached a photo - since I had themed it to "vacation" There was a beach bag, a sun hat, spiral hair ties on a tab that read "Beach hair don't care" a tumbler with her name on it (for pool bar drinks Smiley winking lol) sunglasses, a bee bracelet, that read, "Will you BEE my MOH" and then I made her a card that read, "Now act surprised like you didnt know this was coming" .... very much our humor.

In proposal boxes that I've received, a wine glass with my name and "title" chocolates & candies, hand cream, a candle, a small make up bag, a cookie with the date circled, an alex&ani bracelet with the Bridesmaid charm, a puzzle with the "will you be my.." on it, and a bottle opener with the date on it and always a hand written note from the girl.

Hope this helps!

moh proposal 2

• Clare
    Frequent user August 2021 Manitoba
    Clare ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks ladies , different ideas but it’s definitely the thought that counts. These are the items that I was able to come up with & I’ll probably personalize the box once I have everything together. I got all the items from Winners all under $35 moh proposal 3
    moh proposal 4

• A
    Beginner November 2020 Ontario
    Arsh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can buy wholesale boxes from places like Creative Bag. My goal was so spend under $30. I got the girls the following: squish wine flavoured gummies, customized t-shirt (from H&M), bracelets from amazon, single wick candle from bath & body works, wine glass with the girls name

• Élisabeth
    Curious June 2023 Quebec
    Élisabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    moh proposal 5
    moh proposal 6

Got this for my sister and replace the plant with a bath bomb and a glass that I put their name on it for my other bridesmaids. All together, I it was s bit under 35$, packaging included!
  • Paige
    Beginner October 2021 Ontario
    Paige ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did a MOH box when asking my sister, i got made a teacup that said Maid of Honour with her name on it (from Vistaprint), added some different nail polish colours, her favourite chocolates, face masks, body cream, and a gift card with a personal note inside. All together it was about $35! Super cute and affordable, she loved it!

Hope this helps!

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't do gift boxes for my MOH. I had given her a card asking her to be my MOH and a gold stem wine glass that has MOH written on it as a gift which will be used for the wedding day!

moh proposal 7

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I bought mini bottles of prosecco, knot bracelets from Etsy with their initial and "I couldn't tie the knot without you!", and ring pops for my girls. I have since found a local crafter to make fun wine puns stemless glasses for my bachelorette that I would have used for these.

moh proposal 8

• Kristen
    Devoted May 2021 British Columbia
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    moh proposal 9
    This is all I did! Its really the thought that counts and the question being asked! Im sure anything you put together will be loved and appreciated! Smiley smile i also had a vellum layer with a poem on it for each of them asking the question!
  • Daniela
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Daniela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got them: a box with a mini champagne, an alex and ani bracelet of their birthstone, custom made puzzles of a picture of me and the bridesmaid and they had to make the puzzle to see what it was for, cuz that is where I asked them.

See puzzle:moh proposal 10

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can definitely do this cheaper if you get a dollar store decorative box and some tissue paper ($4 altogether) and then add in things each person individually likes. You could add a custom mug/glass/tumbler for cheap as well or you could fill them with sweets, booze, or spa items you could get at winners.
  • K
    Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did something similar to Kristen! You can purchase complete custom-made proposal boxes on Etsy but DIY-ing a similar box can be much cheaper. You can get a box, tissue, other crafty supplies from the dollar store. As for the contents, bottles of wine or champagne, tea, coffee, candy, a candle, bath bomb, etc. are fairly inexpensive. Add a heartfelt note or card and you’re good to go! Good luck!
  • Kristen
    Frequent user October 2021 Ontario
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got pretty boxes from Home Sense and ordered some knot bracelets from amazon (I think I got a pack of 5 for like $10, mini bottles of champagne and I wrote their names on it in gold marker, a candle I found on clearance at chapters that said “best day ever” and I got some little champagne flutes with their names on it from Etsy ☺️ Plus a card to pop the question ! They all LOVED them and it made asking them feel extra special moh proposal 11

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics