Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jodi
Frequent user September 2018 Alberta

moh Pregnant!!

Jodi, on December 11, 2017 at 17:55 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9

I'm SOOO over the top Excited that my best friend and MOH is pregnant! she is due one month before the wedding.. she is worried about dresses and her baby at the wedding since we were originally going to have no kids. (obviously I would have to make an exception) and we can figure out the dresses down the road. I'm just wondering if perhaps I should add a bridesmaid?? I was originally going to just have her and my two younger sisters.. but now i'm thinking that I don't want my MOH stressed over anything to do with the wedding so I have thought to perhaps add another. this would make our wedding party 4 bridesmaids/ 2 groomsman... have any of you ladies been in this situation?

9 Comments

Latest activity by Jodi, on December 18, 2017 at 11:23
  • Jodi
    Frequent user September 2018 Alberta
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ideally yes- (both my sisters) but one of them is just 18 and the other works shift work.

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's so exciting! You're very lucky, when my original MOH found out she was pregnant she pretty much told me that she will not be helping me do anything for the wedding. Even though her baby will be born about 18 months before the wedding. If it makes you and your MOH more comfortable having a second helping hand then by all means go for it!
  • Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Can you just ask the other two bridesmaids to step up and help with planning?

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would definitely just speak to your MOH and see if she would feel more comfortable without all of the obligations of being a MOH while being pregnant. She may totally be okay with it but may also feel like she needs to focus on her. It doesn't hurt to ask her!

• Louise
    Devoted September 2017 Quebec
    Louise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My MOH was pregnant and gave birth 2 months before my wedding. She was the best MOH I could have asked for. She was understanding to my needs and I was understanding to hers and her sons needs. Mine did not bring her son with her to the wedding., due to the loud noise and she wanted to focus on us. She pumped when she needed to and had a great time at our wedding.

The dress shop will order a bigger size for her-it’s usually 2 sizes bigger than your regular size. I would speak to her but you shouldn’t need to add anyone else in your party.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think you need to add another BM. Talk to your MOH and see how she feels. You could always ask some girlfriends for help with planning things like the bachelorette.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Such exciting news! I’d say talk it over with your MOH first just to not offend her. The last thing you’d want is to make her feel like she’s being replaced (obviously not the case, but still don’t want her to get the wrong impression).
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't know that you need to add another. Talk to your MOH. You might be able to come up with a plan where other people take over some of the things she is responsible for. For example, maybe another friend can help plan the bachelorette. Maybe she wants to skip the speech and your sisters can do that together.

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ask her what she thinks. If another girl would make her more comfortable then I would do that. She may be upset that you added someone. My MOH just had her baby but was pregnant during our planning process. She is going to have an eight month old and I am excited. However, her parents will be there to keep an eye on the baby during the ceremony and parts of the reception. And don't worry about the dresses.. Ask your dress shop and they will be able to figure out alterations and tell you what to do. They may tell you that a certain style would be better though. Just my opinion though!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics