Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Allison
Master October 2019 Ontario

MOH final year of school - rant

Allison, on August 27, 2019 at 15:06 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 23

I have 5 discussions I want to post since I got so much accomplished last week, but I currently need to rant!

My MOH is in her final year of university this year (just has to do this semester) and she organised it so her harder courses were last year and she just has to take the last few, easier courses this year so she could help out more with wedding stuff. The one course runs for 1 week before school officially starts (after labour day) and it is more intense than she anticipated - we were gonna meet for dinner this weekend but she has to do a group project that's due on Tuesday.

I know she can't do anything about her school and all the courses she's taking are needed to graduate, but I'm frustrated that school is taking her focus off some of the wedding stuff she told me she was going to help with (there's not a lot, mostly help keep my sanity during the seating planning days lol). She might also have a midterm on the day we were going to leave on our road trip from Thunder Bay to London, pushing our trip behind a day (she's on reading week right before my wedding, so we were planning on road tripping together). She knows I'm bummed out and reassured me we'll meet up as soon as possible, but I'm just worried that school is just going to keep getting in the way.

She also gets really rough periods, and she was on track to not have it at the wedding, but now it might come a few days before and I worry she won't feel well enough to be apart of her day - she manages them the best she can (she can't go on hormonal birth control) and I know she'd feel bad if that happened but it is a possibility.

We've talked about both university and the periods and are both super bummed that life stuff keeps happening. I appreciate anyone who takes the time to listen/read this!

23 Comments

Latest activity by Allison, on September 11, 2019 at 16:38
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah, I'm glad!

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thats good but it sounds like shes really trying with your wedding loolll

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm doing most things lol. We've talked since school started and she has an idea of how demanding her classes are.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly at least shes making an effort!! thats great she really cares about your wedding. but if youre done school i would plan most things myself so she doesnt have much to do. i want things a certain way so my wedding party is doing nothing lmao!

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is great advice, thanks!

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    First off try not to stress about something that may or may not happen. No one knows for sure. Take some deep breaths. She seems to be doing her best to make sure she is there for you. I'm sure whatever happens she will make sure that your day is perfect. That's what MOH's for for.
  • Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I feel ya. Heat pads are super helpful but also unfortunately exercise and eating well around your period can help. Stay far away from fatty foods.
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

She does have a lot on her plate, I'll give her that! I think at the end of the day, it'll all work out - and we'll be there for each other!

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooh, I love getting suggestions from other ladies about how to beat the cramps! Smiley laugh

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah, I'm hoping things all work out!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It seems your MOH has a lot on her plate and making time for everything from university to your wedding and her exams.

Your wedding will the way you want it to go with her there. She is making sure she can manage everything and still be there for your on your day. Its hard enough for her to keep you calm as she as to be the same for herself. Give her time and she will make time to come out to see you for dinners or lunches.

The courses need more time to do on her time and road trip is something she did agree to and will be there with you. Just know your doing all you can and she is to as your MOH putting the time when she can between her courses/rough patches/exams.

• Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh yeah another thing about the period issue. Maybe she could get those little heat patches to put on her belly to help with the pain. (Like a hot water bottle you stick to you)
  • Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm so sorry about this added stress, we are here for you to let it all out! I agree that she's probably stressed about it too - hopefully she'll be feeling up to everything and will be able to manage her schedule as best as she can!

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lol so true!! No one understands quite like other brides! Smiley winking

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

She finds Motrin helps her the best during, but I'll let her know about taking Midol before it starting. I started birth control when I was 18 because I also got really horrible periods (was taking Midol's Maxidol liquid gels) but I know it's not for everyone.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yikes! Sorry to hear about the MOH problems Smiley atonished We are here for your rants!! Best way to let it all out IMO.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sorry this is happening to you Smiley sad It seems like a tale of unfortunate events. Do you have someone else you can lean on in the mean time?

This may sound ridiculous, but I'm also part of the horrible, awful period club - I start taking midol BEFORE my period comes and I find it reduces the amount of suffering I go through. Not sure if your friend has tried this but it works for me.

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's awesome!!

• Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah Its kind of been a life saver. I work at the post office so I get a lot of newly engaged people coming in and I always tell them to get wedding wire! It's so helpful.
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's good, sorry to hear about the mental breakdown! That's why I love this community, it's so supportive! Smiley heart

• Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Absolutely! I hear you. I had a mental breakdown last week. I seem to be fairly calm for now though.
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

She is, believe me! We both want things to work out, I just needed to get the rant out of my head and onto virtual paper lol

• Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Life does get in the way sorry to hear you're frustrated. But take a deep breath. No matter what your wedding will happen and things find a way of working out. If you ever need advise or help this community is here for you. I'm sure your friend will do everything in her power to compensate for her schooling being in the way. But be patient with her because I'm sure she is just as stressed about it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics