Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelly
Expert September 2019 Manitoba

Mini Honeymoon

Kelly, on February 15, 2019 at 11:22 Posted in Honeymoon 0 9

I think its important for us to get away SOMEWHERE after our wedding. While we'd like to go somewhere really great like Greece, its not something we can afford right after the weeding. So I thought we could do a little roadtrip out west for a mini honeymoon, and maybe hit up some vineyards, do some hiking, etc.

I was looking at some Air bnb options, and its still super expensive, AND everything is already booking up like crazy!

My fiance wants to just camp. And I love camping. But this is our honeymoon. I'd like it to be at least a little bit luxurious. Also, this will be late September already, and up in the mountains will be pretty cold at night that time of year.

Is anybody doing a mini honeymoon after the wedding? Where did you go? Looking for suggestions!!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on February 25, 2019 at 10:43
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting married in June and going on our honeymoon in October. Like you - we both wanted to still get away right after the wedding so we will do a night or two in Niagara Falls. Nothing crazy, but just a little something with just the two of us.

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Probably the Kelowna/Vernon area. There's lots of vineyards there.

We thought of stopping in Canmore for the first couple of days though. We'll be driving, so we can't get all the way to Kelowna in one day. Kinda the problem with living in the middle of the country...everything is a whole day drive.

Not into the staycation. we want to breathe the mountain air.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What about glamping, or staying at cabin/cottage? How far west would you drive?

Maybe even just having a staycation at a local spa or fancy hotel?

• DrB
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    DrB ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are from SW Ontario, so we went to Old Montreal for a few days. We have geriatric pets and didn’t want to leave them for too long, so we just went for a little road trip
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wouldnt really call it a mini honeymoon but were getting married on Friday and staying in our hotel until Sunday! So 2 days after to just fully relax and enjoy I cannot wait!!
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We go up north every year for thanksgiving( cottage and fishing) And that was one thing when we were looking for dates was we still needed to go up north because FH loves it!
    So even though we will be going with my whole family it’s still a mini getaway for us after being married
  • Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will be spending a night the next weekend in a nice fancy hotel where we live, then just saving up the honeymoon experience till we can go for a whole week!

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're also doing a mini-moon after the wedding. We decided to do a staycation. Luckily, we live pretty close to the mountains, so we might head out to Canmore/Kananaskis and take advantage of what they have to offer!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think we may have a mini moon as I will most likely be taking night classes still so that means no leaving the city!

We will probably just have a couple days off and go to movies, thermea, carnival (such good food!), etc. Otherwise I would recommend to you our wedding venue! Smiley tongue We are getting married at rivers edge resort and you could rent a cabin there and go canoeing and have fires but it would be like glamping really Smiley laugh

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics