Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Erin
Newbie June 2019 Alberta

Midnight lunch ideas!

Erin, on April 19, 2019 at 20:01 Posted in Wedding reception 0 5
Hello! I am wondering if anyone has ever had McDonald’s for a midnight lunch and if so how was it? We have about 200 people so would need lots of burgers, fries and nuggets and wonder what the food would taste like after being made in such large amounts.

5 Comments

Latest activity by Cliodhna, on April 23, 2019 at 04:34
  • Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh, this sounds delish Erin!!

Great advice from the previous posters, is there a couple of McDonald's in the area you could contact and split the large order between? This way the food may be hotter when it arrives! If there aren't multiple McDonalds, perhaps you could get some items from McDonald's (nuggets, burgers) and the fries from another place?

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Taco bar, grilled cheese bar (I have been at weddings and love it and I will be having one haha) poutine bar!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I looked into McDonalds for my wedding social - the most that we could find was one location that was willing to give a 10% discount on bulk orders... which is less than the tax on the food....

So, if money isn't an issue, I would say it's doable - but make sure you contact a few locations to see if some offer a different price than others. As for warmth/taste of food being bulk prepared, maybe you could get the cheeseburgers plain and put the toppings to the side for the guests to put the rest together themselves? (I wouldn't worry too much though as McDonalds is a classic drunk go-to and McDonald's has catered more than a couple times I'm sure.

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't know what your budget is but just the other day my boss decided to get Big Macs and 1/4 pounders for a lunch thing (just the burgers), he ordered 30 intotal and it cost him $210.00.
  • Monique
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've seen people talk in previous discussions about letting the restaurant know in advance and perhaps pay in advance? I worked at McDonalds and a class stopped at McDonalds while they were heading home from a trip. It was helpful for my coworkers and I to know how much food would be needed and, if you know, what time you would pick the food up. Of course, with 200 people they most likely wouldn't be able to make the food all at once, unless you arranged things with more than one restaurant and then food would be more similar in temperature

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics