Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alley
Curious September 2017 Ontario

Menu selection on the website

Alley, on May 31, 2017 at 21:00 Posted in Tech support 0 14
I'm so frustrated with this website! I really think I should have used the Knot as it seems much more user friendly. I made a survey page like what was recommended in numerous other conversations for my guests to choose their dinner preference but it only works for 1 person! So I have most of my guests are couples and typically the woman is the one who goes on and is rsvping and making the dinner selections but she can only make it for herself as there is no option to put another name down. My friend is using the Knot and it's laid out so much better it lets you select yourself then your dinner option then asks if you have other guests you want to add a selection for. Am I missing something?? Is there an easier way to do this or is it just that terrible of a website?

14 Comments

Latest activity by Neon38, on March 26, 2018 at 04:34
  • Emily
    Beginner May 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

On our website we have an RSVP section and beside it Menu Selection section - this way people know to RSVP and make their meal selections while they are on the website once. The only difficulties we are having with the polling option is that one person cannot put in options for two people. It works better from a computer than a mobile device and you have to close out of the browser completely to make the second selection. We just added a note to our meal selection page with this information and haven't had as many issues with it. Good luck!

• Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Alley, Nice to meet you here. You can manage meal options by using a poll on your wedding website. Here I send you a link: RSVP meal options. Your guests won't be able to choose meal options directly from the RSVP unless they leave it in the comments. Maybe you can ask the guest that only have one email to leave a comment with both meal options. I hope this helps. Smiley heart xx

• Alley
    Alley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I appreciate your help, I'm thinking I'm just going to have to contact everyone and ask them directly as I don't have everyone's email and I'm afraid they won't check back and read to send me an email with their choices. I thought this site was great until this happened, pretty disappointing and now more work for me.. thanks
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hmm okay. Well the only thing I can think of is how I have mine set up like I mentioned on the website. I have the meal choice for them and they have to tell me when they RSVP is they need something else because of dietary restrictions. Not sure if your interested in doing that and if they have already RSVP'd, they could still tell you via e-mail which meal choice they would want. This way one person can send you an e-mail but tell you both the meal choices for multiple people if they needed to. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

• Alley
    Alley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ya we already have almost all of them back, that worked fine, we just choose our menu options last weekend so I added the 'survey' then for people to make their choice
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are your guests to RSVP on your wedding website?

• Alley
    Alley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks but sorry it doesn't help, my dilemma is only one person out of a couple can choose their meal because of the way it's set up.. so frustrating! I have already sent out invites so I can no longer add a piece of paper and we were trying to keep everything electronic anyways...
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Alley! What I did is I made a page just for the meal choices, I am only having one meal BUT I wrote on it that if guests have any allergies or are vegetarian, gluten free etc, to then let me know when they RSVP so I can let the venue know before hand.

You could do something similar, where you list the different meal options and then at the bottom, write something similar to what I did where they can e-mail you if they have meal restrictions! My cousin did that with her invitations, there was a piece of paper that listed the different menu items and had people let her know what their choice was when they RSVP'd! Hope this helps!

• Alley
    Alley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Did you guys use the website for your meal choices? If so please share how
  • V
    Connecticut
    Virginia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am also sad you are having these kind issues. I really cherish this site and fortunately have had no these kind of issues. I hope that administrator can resolve this problem.I really love this site and I got so many help from here.If you have further help for your function please visit the site.

• Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am sorry you are having these issues! I love this website and luckily have had no issues! Zoe is the administrator and so I would send her a private message to see if she can help you out as I didn't use a survey page on mine and am unsure about how to personally help out.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics