Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Newbie July 2021 Ontario

MC Question

Allison, on February 27, 2020 at 21:42 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12
Do MC’s usually get ready with the wedding party the morning of the wedding?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on March 6, 2020 at 10:52
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It depends on who your MC is. For our wedding, the MC was a really close friend and he got ready with my husband and the rest of the guys. Up to you really!

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not mandatory or traditionally, but, if you want them to, go for it. It really depends if you/your FH would want them there.

I invited our MC to get ready with my side of the bridal party. She's a friend of mine from high school and, if the bridal party was bigger, probably would have asked her to stand with me too.
    If they are getting ready with you or getting their hair/make-up done, I would have them go first in case the venue and/or wedding planner needs them to come early to go over the flow of the day or for whatever reason. It's unlikely, but better safe than sorry. That's my plan for the day.

• Heidi
    Frequent user July 2020 British Columbia
    Heidi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ours is the grooms current roommate, he may or may not get dress with them
    Its not a mandatory thing for him to
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No. mc's generally come dressed to the reception ready to go

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think that is standard or traditional or anything. But if your MC is close to you then sure!

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They can get ready with your wedding party if you want them to, but it’s not a must or a tradition. My MC was my uncle so no, he didn’t get ready with us girls 😆
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not necessarily do they have to be with the wedding party. They can get a picture during the group shots as one with you two alone if chosen at the time.
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You don't have to, its completely your call. Our MC isn't getting ready with us because there are already so many people getting ready in one place as it is. Plus she is one of my FH's aunts and if I ask one of them to get ready with us, I would feel bad if I didn't ask them all.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I say it depends as well, if they are just the MC and you asked them because they are a friend/ family member then it's a nice gesture to ask if they would like to but by no means should they feel obligated to. If they are the DJ acting as the MC or a hired MC then no.

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're having 2 MC's, one female friend and one male friend both of whom FH and I are really close friends with, like if we were having a wedding party then they would've been in it kind of thing. So she'll be getting ready with me while the male friend will get ready with FH. It definitely depends who they are to you, like if you hired someone to fill the role then I'd say no, but if it's a family member or close friend then I'd definitely extend the invitation at least
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it would depend on who they are and how close you are to that person. They certainly could if you wanted to share that part of your day with them but I also don't think it's necessary if you don't want them there (it can be hectic and crowded enough with just the wedding party!)

I would also consider if they are getting the same things done that day, like if your mc is female is she getting hair and makeup or will she just be waiting around and hanging out while the rest of the gals get ready? If not maybe invite them for the last bit of getting ready of you want them there for photos especially.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They can if they are a close friend or family member. But it’s not necessary. I personally have not seen it done but that’s not to say it’s never been done.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics