Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
VIP May 2019 Ontario

May 2019 Brides!!!!

Stephanie, on April 1, 2019 at 08:50 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 15

How are we all doing!!! Are you as excited as I am to be able to officially say "We're getting married next month!!"

I was sure to wake my FH up at midnight last night to inform him hahaha!

What's everyone got on their to-do list this month?

For us, we have our marriage classes this month, we need to finish our ceremony packages, DJ music lists and confirm decoration (draping and centrepieces)

Also pew bows... but we finished all our DIY table numbers this weekend and got our guest book proofs for the photographer! Everything is coming together!

15 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on April 8, 2019 at 18:30
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So awesome reading all the updates!!! Sounds like we are all more than along the way for our big days!!! This week we got a bunch of final decorations to take care of and our ceremony package!!
  • Melissa
    Devoted May 2019 Alberta
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

May 20th is coming up WAY FASTER than we want lol. We are super excited but feel like we are so behind (I actually had a vent session with our officiant about it this morning). We are doing our legal wedding in Calgary on April 27th - We need to pick up our marriage license but that's about it for that one.

For May 20th we need to do our favors but that's about all we can do until we get to Mexico which is really throwing me off. Menus tastings, photography plans, decor etc can't be finalized until we are there.

Congrats May brides!

• Jennifer
    Beginner May 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're getting married May 25th!! So excited! We still have to pick up our marriage license, meet with our photographer, give our caterer a headcount in two weeks, and order balloons.
  • Gabrielle
    Frequent user May 2019 Ontario
    Gabrielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    33 days!!! Woo!!
    We still have our seating chart, cardbox, and ceremony to do. We just bought a house so now my attention will be divided a lot more and I will definitely not see the time go by. Crazy to think we have 1 available weekend day until our wedding haha!!
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are very excited! We have to order in the ties for our groomsmen and get our marriage license. We also have to decide on the flavour of our wedding cake and that's all we have left! We have 48 days left!!

• M
    Curious May 2019 British Columbia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our centerpieces are half done (hope to be completed this weekend); vows and thank you speeches to be finalized; need to print the seating chart; I still have to buy the mix for the booze; need to obtain the marriage license

I also haven't booked a limo or hotel for the night of the wedding :\

My FH hasn't found a band he likes yet and we're getting married in about 6 weeks (I did actually buy a cheap one, just in case, haha!).

items I have ordered and waiting for: cake topper, groomswoman's dress (had to order late, as she is now pregnant); flower girl thank you gift.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

But!!! It's VERY good to write it all down!

I am following like 4 different checklists to ensure I don't forget anything and I still feel like I'm missing some things haha!

• L
    Newbie May 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ours is on May 18th, and I am planning the wedding while living in Scotland! We still have a few RSVP's we are waiting for, deciding on wedding favors, music list, cake and photo booth. Marriage licence we can't do till we are there. Seems like a lot when I write it out now... waah

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Relax is hard currently! We are also moving this month haha! Our wedding is a Friday, I will sleep the Saturday/Sunday after haha!

• Sinéad
    WeddingWire Admin January 2025 Galway
    Sinéad ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow Stephanie, congratulations!! You really sound like you are on top of everything!! Make sure you take some time to relax tooSmiley winking

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Im so excited for you!!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes!!! I find a lot of things we still cant do so theres waiting and I just want to get them done Haha!! Also omg marriage license I gotta get on that too woops! Thanks for the reminder!
  • Monica
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Monica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ahh!! We have 66 days to go. I’m already stressing and panicking I’ll forget something!! All those little details are killer!

We still have to finalize our music list for our DJ, get our marriage license, and organize the timelines for ceremony and reception. We’ll also be waiting for RSVPs to start coming through.. so lots more waiting to be done!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Congrats!!! And right! Who counts??? (53 days, 8 weeks, 2 periods, 33 work shifts)
    And yes the final little details build up!! Working on all of those too!
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So excited! Saturday was 35 days for us, we're down to 33 now (not that I'm counting, haha!). I can't believe it's nearly here - we've been engaged for nearly 2 years, so this is a little surreal.

All the major stuff is done, now it's all the little things - place cards, last contacts with vendors, etc.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics