Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Missa
Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick

Matching wedding colours to venue

Missa, on September 12, 2018 at 21:48 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9
Hey everyone, I feel like Ive been posting everyday lately!

I am having such a hard time deciding on mu wedding colours. Originally I wanted grey dresses but my venue is pretty grey ish ( Its in a hotel). Any ideas that would look good on my girls/ give some pop to the venue? Thank!

Matching wedding colours to venue 1

9 Comments

Latest activity by Missa, on September 19, 2018 at 08:49
  • Missa
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are thinking about going either blue or purple ish (chianti from davids bridal). Thank you, I gave him choices from my favorite color and we were able to almost make a choice! Will be going to the store soon to see the colors in real life as what i see on the davids bridal website is a bit different then real dresses!

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with many of the others; if you like grey for bridesmaid dresses, add a pop of colour elsewhere (such as through table linens, centrepieces, etc).

I feel like a blush pink and/or gold would go beautifully with the grey. (Ex: blush pink florals, but gold accented decor).
  • Missa
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you very much everyone. I'm still debating but I will go order colors swatches and figure it out against the picture Smiley smile

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree - nothing wrong with grey dresses. Add colour other places - table linens, backdrop, uplighting, flowers, etc.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can probably still get grey dresses but use lots of colour in your decor (flowers, centrepieces). Talk your venue as well and they could also do different colour napkins/table linings.

I've seen red and grey done well together, but some might think red is too bold. Yellow and grey looks nice too. If you use grey, the whole world is your oyster of accent colours since it's such a neutral colour! I'd definitely browse Pinterest as there is loads of ideas!

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Did you have favourite colours? Did you like right colours that you typically see when you're getting married? My best advice would be to take palette swaths and put it against your pictures to see if the colours would work well together.

Once you pick your colours, how to incorporate it really depends on what you want to spend i.e.; chair covers, linens, etc. If you don't want to spend extra that way, centrepieces are your best bet for colour around the room.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would totally go with the grey dresses. i'm all about the neutral and having a dress they can rewear.

to have some pops of color. I would do it in the flowers they carry, centerpieces. talk to your venue and see if they have different colored napkins/tablecloths.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Is that a Best Western? It looks so much like the one here that we looked at for our wedding!

Anyway, I'm not much of a fashionista, I'm a "wear what looks good, feels comfy" kind of gal. I think you could still go with grey dresses though. Maybe add some colourful accessories like a pashmina. And, you can add colourful centrepieces as well which will help to bring down the grey in the room.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Seeing as how grey is a pretty basic colour it will look good with almost any colour if it's the correct shade. I would personally go with maybe a pink coral, maybe lilac, or something that's like a "baby" shade of whatever colour you go with.

Is there perhaps a favourite colour of yours or your S/O?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics