Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jordan
Newbie British Columbia

Matching Colours.. Help!

Jordan, on February 16, 2019 at 11:48 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 16
I have purchased my bridesmaids dresses from David's bridal in this beautiful chianti colour. Now its time to figure out with the men will wear.. but we have gone to a couple stores now and have had no luck matching it. We were thinking a nice darker gray but nothing. Even black didnt look good.. my wedding is in July so it's too late to change the colour and I don't want the girls to buy another dress.. has anyone had this problem or does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Matching Colours.. Help! 1

16 Comments

Latest activity by Julie, on February 20, 2019 at 20:58
  • Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We went into Timpanos twice in the past 2 weeks. Although we didn't choose it because my FH wanted a silver/grey tux and the Guys wanted black with silver accessories... the Navy tux seems very popular! It would look really sharp with accessories and the Girls in Burgundy. Good luck!
  • Donna
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My party is also going through David's only using this color. Long dresses is what they all decided so I'm allowing it since I am in a long Wedding dress I would have thought a short one for the girls but they decided a long so it all worked out great those dresses are for my granddaughters, they have shoes I got them and other things

Ring Bearers dressMatching Colours.. Help! 2

Steel Blue Matching Colours.. Help! 3

• Missa
    Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I almost picked that color!!! Its such a beautiful color. I was going to go with Navy with it Smiley smile I ended up choosing Quartz instead.

• B
    Beginner August 2020 Alberta
    Breanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Definitely forest green or even olive green
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with the others that you should go with a light grey or something like that. You definitely don't need it to be matchy-matchy!

• Rachel
    Frequent user July 2019 Ontario
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Navy! It works so well with burgundy colours!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I personally think a light grey would look good, that or maybe bring a swatch to a store and see what they have to say (the store that you are getting suits from).

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What about oxblood or maroon or navy or light grey?

• Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    How about dark / forest green?

• Janis
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Janis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So one of my bridesmaids got the dusty rose colour at David’s bridal, and I’m allowing my bridesmaids to be in the same colour palette. The gentlemen will be wearing light grey. My wedding is also June 30th, I hope this helps you out 🤗
  • Shla
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A navy or a lighter gray would look good, I think.
  • Alycia
    Expert March 2020 Ontario
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I’m going burgundy, navy, and charcoal for my colours. I know you said you tried dark grey, so perhaps trying navy suit could work.

Is it the Chianti colour you can’t get to match with the suits? Cuz you could consider putting the guys in a darker shade of burgundy accents and give the girls the same shade of shawls or some other accent, I like the look of different shades of the same colour for the girls. Then you might be able to find it easier finding the right coloured suit if you just focus on dressing them in what would look good and adding that colour to your girls. I suck at explaining things, so I’m sorry if this doesn’t seem to make any sense! I swear it does it my head lol.

• Christa
    Beginner September 2019 Ontario
    Christa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What about navy?? Im a big fan of a navy suit! Here’s a few ideas I came across on Pinterest. The burgundy is darker but I still think it will look nice.

Matching Colours.. Help! 4

Matching Colours.. Help! 5
  • Jordan
    Newbie British Columbia
    Jordan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't think I explained this correctly.. I have the accessories but I'm having trouble with the suit color..
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree with this! a dusty rose/blush would complement this colour.

Have you tried Moore's? They partner with David's bridal to match wedding party colours.

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What about going lighter with the guys's colour - maybe a dusty rose? Same colour family, so it will still flow hopefully Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics