Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Agata
Newbie September 2020 Ontario

Masks

Agata, on June 30, 2020 at 18:57 Posted in Ontario 0 7
Quick question....
They just passed a law to make masks mandatory in indoor spaces.... would this apply to indoor reception areas for a wedding? Wedding is September 24. Thanks so much

7 Comments

Latest activity by Janet, on July 8, 2020 at 23:12
  • J
    Beginner February 2022 Ontario
    Janet ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey….I think the bylaw insists on wearing masks irrespective of what the occasion is. I strongly advise you to wear them even though the wedding is scheduled for September. Why risk the little chances we have if you can avoid mishaps with a little care?. Try wearing masks, keep yourselves healthy, and best wishes in advance for the wedding.
  • Allison
    Curious October 2020 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had this same thought. I am okay with my guests wearing masks for our indoor ceremony (in fact I encourage it!) but I am feeling a bit vain and am going to have to talk to our minister about if my fiancé and I can go maskless for the ceremony.
  • Agata
    Agata ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great. This helps. We’ll see what changes happen! Thanks again, Hank! I appreciate the response
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh, if you're in Burlington then you're fine (for now). This is a Toronto specific bylaw and as far as I'm aware at the moment, the only other cities who want to implement this at the moment are Mississauga, Brampton, Markham, and Vaughan.
  • Agata
    Agata ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Hank... the venue is in Burlington. Do you think that makes any difference?
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Actually, nevermind. The earliest this bylaw will expire is September 30/October 1 when Toronto has their first city council meeting after the summer. But at that meeting, they can extend it.
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes, the mask law applies to banquet halls, convention centre, and event spaces. But the new law passed is temporary. We don't know for how long the law will be in effect for so we can't be certain if your September wedding will be affected.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics