Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amy Kobza
Newbie September 2022 British Columbia

Mary Kay Bridal Package

Amy Kobza, on January 22, 2018 at 09:51 Posted in Contest 0 13
Hey guys,
I got a text from someone who works at Mary Kay saying I won a Bridal Pamper Package which is awesome because I've never won anything, but the strange part is she said I won it at the Fort Langley Bridal Show which I never attended but was on the guest list to. Is it possible i was entered by the bridal show hosts? Or is it a scam?

It would be nice to have a spaw day to relax but i don't want to be apart of a scam. Help

13 Comments

Latest activity by Kristen, on January 17, 2024 at 18:36
  • Deborah
    Frequent user August 2020 Ontario
    Deborah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just want to advise everyone here:

Mary Kay is a Multi Level Marketing company (like Arbonne, Younique, Pure Romance etc), and their consultants offer these 'pamper packages' hoping you will not only buy product, but sign up underneath them as a consultant. It is very likely you will also have to sit through their spiel talking about how it is a great 'business opportunity' you can do 'from your phone' with minimal effort and a buy-in fee. You being underneath that consultant in their downline is what makes them the most money, not sales of the product. They can get away with not being classified as a pyramid scheme because a physical product is offered. You will then also be encouraged to build a downline. Avoid them at all costs. It has been proven that something like 99.2% make less than $200 per year, and in all likelihood, you will lose money.

Also, I believe David's Bridal allows MK consultants to farm their database and send out emails to brides that have 'won' a pamper package - everybody wins, it is not a contest, nor a prize. So it would be no surprise it happens at wedding shows too.

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I used to sell Mary Kay products and everyone who puts their name in the draw wins. They want as many names as possible to contact in hopes people will purchase the product Smiley smile you absolutely do not need to buy anything but it might be a fun pamper day for you and your ladies.

(no longer a rep for MK)

• K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not a scam, but they do their free pamper packages with the hopes you will buy some of the products. You are not obligated to purchase anything, but of course they strongly hope you will.

• Jackie
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I to win the Mary Kay beauty package for five. Thanked her and told her I wasn’t interested. She thanked me and said she’d pass it on to the next person. I know they don’t do them just for fun, it’s a business after all. They hope they will get a new customer out of you or your guest.
  • Rebecca
    Newbie April 2018 Ontario
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Mary Kay is a direct sale beauty product company. If they get your number they will call /text usually for a pampering session and sometimes with a little bridal bonus of free product. The pampering Session is free, there is no obligation to buy. You get your girls together, the consultant will come to your house, you try some of their facial cleansers, maybe some make up, then they offer to sell you things that you expressed interest in ( really no different than any beauty counter) but you do not have to purchase. Some consultants can be a little pushy but most aren't, they joined the company because they seriously love the products. I know this because my best friend is a consultant
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I won a pampering session from arbonne fron a wedding show. It's the same as any of those home companies. They will come and do something (for mine it was facials) and you are "expected" to buy something. They say you don't have to but it is a business. As the host, I got free product which was nice. And, my mom and mother-in-law both use those products regularly so they were fine with buying things.
    I actually expected to keep receiving texta from her, but I haven't which is nice cuz I'm not interested in continuing to buy things; I just wanted the free stuff!
    My sister-in-law used to sell for them and she said everyone who entered the draw would've been contacted. My guess is that's what happened with you-you registered and she would have no idea that you didn't actually attend.
  • Caitlind
    Newbie August 2019 British Columbia
    Caitlind ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got a similar text after attending the Vancouver Bridal Fair and made an appointment for her to come to my house to give my sister in law and I free facial pampering sessions. I made sure to confirm with her it is all free of charge and we are not expected to purchase anything. I googled her # and it was connected to her real Mary Kay account so it seems pretty legit. You actually could have won something! I would double check!!
  • Fewster
    Beginner July 2020 Ontario
    Fewster ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Scam
    Why would a professional Boutique or retailer ect TEXT you? Id expect a call or MAYBE an email. Never a text. Plus if you dont recall signing up or know of friends or family that would do it for you id take that all as red flags.
    I work in a bridal atore, we would NEVER text someone information unless specifically asked by the bride/client.
  • Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My girlfriend sells Mary Kay and these parties they have you get a chance to test a small selection of products and than a chance to buy them. I myself went to a make up one at a large place and you can be in a room of up to 20 plus women if it was at a large one and then they allow you to buy them and sometimes at a little bit of a discount. My mom is allergic to their product but I have some of their products. The compact is my favorite as the lipstick, blush and your favorite eye shadows go into it. But ya be careful money grab.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There are a lot of attendees that may register yet not show up. It could be the case, double check though with the event location.
  • Taylor
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I won a Mary Kay facial package for me and 5 friends, its basically just their selling parties that they host, the rep came and we tested their facial products and make up and then we were asked to give a wish list of products we wanted to buy... so it may seem like you won but in my case it was more of a chance to sell their products

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would check with the bridal show people first before claiming it or paying for anything.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Amy! A lot of bridal shows will share the attendee list with their retail partners, so you always want to check the fine print!!

Very few of these giveaways are actual scams, but they might not be as much of a prize as advertised Smiley tongue

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics